Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Default Fixed blades - suggestions?

Hello

So, I have a CRKT M16-14ZSF for strongside carry and would like it to bear my children. 8)

I'd like a fixed blade for the weak hand, but cannot say that I am knowledgeable enough to make a decision.

Dress would be semi-formal to informal, with chino/cargo pants/suit pants being the norm.

I'm a big oke ( ;D), so concealment should not be an issue.

What do you like and what would you suggest?
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

Default Re: Fixed blades - suggestions?

Decent sized fixed blade carried IWB in Appendix or on the side happy0065

CRKT make very nice little blades for this, the Sting or Triumph N.E.C.K. work well as well as the Cold Steel Spikes. ;D

User

I like the ka bar TDI the sheath isnt great though but I will eventually get mine sorted by Mr Carter

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Cold steel Finn Bear?

Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by BoerBok
    Cold steel Finn Bear?

I have one of those somewhere. Its a great little knife. Cheap enough to break/lose.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Banned

I recently bought a CRKT Ryan Plan B for dirt cheap on e-bay and like most CRKT products I am more than a little impressed!

6.75" overall, with a 3" AUS6M stainless steel spear-point blade in combo edge (also available in plain). The grip is molded Zytel scales in weird "zig-zag" pattern that really sits nicely in the hand. The sheath is moulded Zytel and is well made and can be worn in a myriad of permutations. Might be worthwhile asking TKoK if he can come up with Kydex option that can be worn horizontally.

Seeing that you're "not a small fellow" maybe also consider going with one of Gerber's (classic) "boot knife" options (i.e. Mk I, Command or Guardian)? Again, get TKoK to hook you up with a decent sheath to suite the fashion you wish to carry it in.

A number of guys have bought the cheap Chinese rip off of the Plan B and I've made a very nice multi-position sheath for it. It can be worn IWB or on the belt either vertical or horizontal. Works nicely even if I do say so myself ;D

User

I have a Ryan Plan B in my go bag. Great little knife also in need of a tuckable sheath.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Carter
    A number of guys have bought the cheap Chinese rip off of the Plan B and I've made a very nice multi-position sheath for it. It can be worn IWB or on the belt either vertical or horizontal. Works nicely even if I do say so myself ;D
    Well there you go BoerBok! You're halfway there. TKOK has organized the sheath now all you have to do is acquire the knife. Good point on the cheap copies of CRKT products by the way, Geoff. See this article on CRKT's website:

http://www.crkt.com/counterfeits.html

Other than cautioning about buying rip-offs from China's e-bay website CRKT's caution also warns about CRKT rip-offs originating in South Africa, nogal!!! cfd89

Buy original. The seller I use on e-bay only sells original products (so far...) so let me know if you want me to hook you up, BB. Or try the local CRKT agent (Sharp Edge) and see if they have old stock (the line has been discontinued). I was on their website now and the CRKT Ultima range looks pretty damn nice!

I'm liking the Fallkniven F1 & Gerber Guardian, there loads more, but these are 2 that I think are reasonably priced, well designed and ready to rock!
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast