Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Why Double Masking does not work

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Do doctors wear them in theater just to look the part.

I haven't seen a doctor donning underwear as part of their infection control protocol.

User

Wheres the like button.
    HAHAHA! Seconded

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    I haven't seen a doctor donning underwear as part of their infection control protocol.
    Budget insemination clinic?

I kid, but lol, I'm lost on this comment.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
    Yes they're trying to cosplay. Forum members with no scientific/medical experience know better.
    #woke

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    You guys joke but this is after all an airborne virus.
    Hence, you should wear eye protection if you want to prevent infection, just covering your nose and mouth won't help.
    Yes and no on the eye thing. Usually you would need to have exposure to a fluid. Eg, blood, saliva, whatever. Or have some trauma to the eye. Medical people are now wearing masks during work because they have a higher percentage chance of someone sneezing, coughing or throwing up in their face. Other practices like dentists and orthodontists and that are wearing goggles or shields because they have a higher risk because of creating airborne particles from drilling/water in the mouth.

If the guy at spar or pnp is a grown up and wears his mask and sneezes, the odds of that fluid going into your eyes is pretty slim. But I'm seeing more and more numbskulls with their dumb noses sticking out every day.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FFourie View Post
    If you are a symptomatic you have about a 0.7% chance ofinfecting members of your household. Mask regulations have at best a 2% reduction in spreading the virus. This whole masking issue is a scam just like the lockdowns.
    I agree lock down is shit. However, the majority of our citizens are too ignorant or arrogant to follow simple procedures without being forced to. Some of the rules and restrictions are arbitrary and stupid, but some are nessesary to enforce. We are having our liberties removed because people can't think for themselves and behave appropriately.

User

Do doctors wear them in theater just to look the part.
    Doctors wear them for 2-4 hour intervals before changing them, while operating in a sterile, highly airconditioned environment. The week old, bacteria infested face diaper that most people wear does nothing at best, and at worst is making people sick and spreading more germs than a plague rat.

User

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    As far as I understand it.. wearing a mask is actually not for your protection but more to prevent you as the wearer from spreading the virus.
    Yeah, I didn't understand this at first. The virus is so small, that it will pass through 99% of masks and face clothes. But it's a barrier for fluids that carry the virus. Eg from coughing or sneezing.

Luckily the rona doesn't spread through sweat and skin contact, or we would be farked. Ebola style

User

Quote Originally Posted by marcvbsa View Post
    Doctors wear them for 2-4 hour intervals before changing them, while operating in a sterile, highly airconditioned environment. The week old, bacteria infested face diaper that most people wear does nothing at best, and at worst is making people sick and spreading more germs than a plague rat.
    That's why material masks are better for Joe on the street. You can wash them as needed.

Fun fact, when all this started, no medical suppliers had masks for weeks. The girlfriend had to wear her mask for a few days at a time, under a n95 mask that they would change daily. They had no other alternatives. Acne was a huge problem with her and her colleagues.

Then at some point, they could get a mask every day. Now they get masks as needed, ie, every few patients.

But ja, wearing a mask for days at a time is not great.

Banned

I was at the Glendore Arms yesterday, a little eatery type pub that sells no frills burgers and steaks in a easy environment with sea sand in your toes and your dog allowed to be at your feet.
    It was my work end w/end start burger.
    My mate James came along and he sat with his back to the sun as we spoke. The amount of specks and blobs of spit that came out his mouth silhouetted against the setting sun was nauseating, it was appalling to see the flight of the spittle against the setting sun back drop.
    I will never eat at a carvery - buffet again (long time now - years)

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast