Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: No capturing of new applications

I have various friends that's handed in their applications with no issue - My DFO just refuses due to Financial year end...

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Ive received sometimes SMS of handing in apps a week after handing it in. Depends when your DFO or clerk feels like capturing on system. As in CPT apps only go now and again to provincial before to CFR monthly. So they do take a day or two.
    Called my DFO to enquire about my renewal, which was handed in more than a month ago - no sms received and the SAPS portal shows no record of the application. The DFO told me that my app has not been captured yet as their priority is to clear the backlog of the amnesty applications. They will capture my renewal app when they are ready to do so. I did hand it in five months before expiry but hopefully their delay will not breach the 3 month renewal window.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mojojojo View Post
    Called my DFO to enquire about my renewal, which was handed in more than a month ago - no sms received and the SAPS portal shows no record of the application. The DFO told me that my app has not been captured yet as their priority is to clear the backlog of the amnesty applications. They will capture my renewal app when they are ready to do so. I did hand it in five months before expiry but hopefully their delay will not breach the 3 month renewal window.
    Which DFO?

User

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    Which DFO?
    Florida

I handed in App in April. My friend also in same week at his DFO.

I know my DFO's fairly well for the last + 10years. And they know I shoot competitive.

They pushed mine through and I received SMS about 4 days after handing in.

My friend has not received his from his DFO. When he phoned to check. They said regrettably they have to do Amnesty apps first. Or they will instructed to.

So again to me Amnesty apps should have gine to different dept then people applying for new or competition firearms. As they now have to wait longer due to amnesty apps.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I handed in App in April. My friend also in same week at his DFO.

I know my DFO's fairly well for the last + 10years. And they know I shoot competitive.

They pushed mine through and I received SMS about 4 days after handing in.

My friend has not received his from his DFO. When he phoned to check. They said regrettably they have to do Amnesty apps first. Or they will instructed to.

So again to me Amnesty apps should have gine to different dept then people applying for new or competition firearms. As they now have to wait longer due to amnesty apps.
    They really should have gotten in extra personnel to handle the amnesty apps. In fact the CFR should hire more staff in general, things are way to slow when operating normally. And provincial DFO just seems like a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    They really should have gotten in extra personnel to handle the amnesty apps. In fact the CFR should hire more staff in general, things are way to slow when operating normally. And provincial DFO just seems like a waste.
    I spoke to Western Cape Provincial office in last week. They are very helpful currently with my requests. Very friendly lady there who phoned me today with update and progress. Last week I actually got email reply as well as phone call from Lt Col Visser. Was amazed he would take time or have time. But we had a nice chat regarding applications and especially my query I had. He even followed up on Friday as well with me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2