Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New competency application status

Hi

I have applied for my competency on the 08 June and was captured on the 28 June. The application has been sitting on Send to Provincial. I wanted to check if there is anyone that applied in June or after and has their application move to CFR?

Default Re: New competency application status

i applied in May and it was sent to CFR on the 11th August and still same status

Quote Originally Posted by glenn.watson View Post
    i applied in May and it was sent to CFR on the 11th August and still same status
    I saw a post on FB , someone saying DFO's have been informed to hold onto applications whilst CFR clears its backlog. Fortunately yours has moved to CFR all the best

Quote Originally Posted by SibuMolo View Post
    Hi

I have applied for my competency on the 08 June and was captured on the 28 June. The application has been sitting on Send to Provincial. I wanted to check if there is anyone that applied in June or after and has their application move to CFR?
    Hi,a friend of mines applied in June and on 11/08 it changed to “sent to cfr” also,so looks like things are finally moving or thou it seems.....

Quote Originally Posted by Muji View Post
    Hi,a friend of mines applied in June and on 11/08 it changed to “sent to cfr” also,so looks like things are finally moving or thou it seems.....
    Hope they will move, I visited my local SAPS and the lady said my application is in Pretoria after checking on the system. I cant even trust what she was saying,it just didnt sound convincing. When I asked CFR or Provincial she kept saying Pretoria.

User

Hope they will move, I visited my local SAPS and the lady said my application is in Pretoria after checking on the system. I cant even trust what she was saying,it just didnt sound convincing. When I asked CFR or Provincial she kept saying Pretoria.

You could track it yourself, if you can ask your local SAPS to provide the reference number for you.

https://www.saps.gov.za/services/fir...us_enquiry.php

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    You could track it yourself, if you can ask your local SAPS to provide the reference number for you.

https://www.saps.gov.za/services/fir...us_enquiry.php
    So ive been checking the website and its been saying sent to provincial DFO . Considering the time Its been at provincial I was unsure if the status is correct. I managed to get through to the CFR and they confirmed that my application is still at provincial 40 working days later and the time is too much so they suggested I call the provincial. The provincial is not answering the line.

User

So ive been checking the website and its been saying sent to provincial DFO . Considering the time Its been at provincial I was unsure if the status is correct. I managed to get through to the CFR and they confirmed that my application is still at provincial 40 working days later and the time is too much so they suggested I call the provincial. The provincial is not answering the line.
    Best advice anyone and everyone will give you on this site is to have patience....

It seems the average waiting time is between 6 and 8 months...at some stages your app will move forward on others it wil be there at least a month or more...and there are several stages....

Its a waiting game...

Just called CFR, actually got to speak to someone

App shows it was sent to CRF (AVS) on 19/08/2023 and the lady at CFR says they have not received it yet. I am in Pretoria. It cant take this long to get an application 5km down the road can it

Welcome to the CFR, where logic does not apply and efficiency don't matter!

Can't remember if competency follows the same route, but licences needs to go through Provincial, which is in Johannesburg. So your app does not go 5km down the road...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast