Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Newbie from Kraaibakistan

Hi all! Newbie here from the northern suburbs of Cape Town.

I've been registered on this forum since 2014 but I've finally decided to start my journey of becoming a firearm owner, so there's no better time to introduce myself here.

I completed my proficiency training yesterday through WPFT School with Stuart Ralph.

Yesterday was my first time pulling the trigger with a firearm. My gas powered BB gun couldn't have prepared me for the insane adrenaline rush! Here's how it went with the Glock 17:

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-29 at 5.26.32 PM.jpg

Awaiting my training certificate and then its off to the local DFO for application and the waiting game (I have no idea which one to go to - I live in Kraaifontein but the closest station to me is Brackenfell)

User

Default Re: Newbie from Kraaibakistan

Welcome. Looks like the principles of marksmanship are alive and well in Kraaibakistan.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Viper1350 View Post
    My gas powered BB gun couldn't have prepared me for the insane adrenaline rush!
    Welcome

Sounds like the shooting bug bit you nice and hard. Those bugs don't let go, they just sink their teeth in deeper.

I predict shotguns and rifles in your future

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Welcome. Looks like the principles of marksmanship are alive and well in Kraaibakistan.
    Thanks! I can't wait to head over to the shooting range with my own FA in two years time

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    Welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post

Sounds like the shooting bug bit you nice and hard. Those bugs don't let go, they just sink their teeth in deeper.

I predict shotguns and rifles in your future

It seems like the bug has bitten nice and hard

I'm a bit perplexed by the DFO thing though... everyone I've asked says "They will tell you who your DFO is"... WHO'S THEY???

Like I said in my first post, I'm in Kraaifontein but the closest SAPS to me is Brackenfell, second closest Durbanville. Kraaifontein SAPS is way out of my way.

User

Hi And welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Hi And welcome!
    Ha! Namesake even with the same (correct) spelling! Thanks Steven

User

Quote Originally Posted by Viper1350 View Post
    Thanks! I can't wait to head over to the shooting range with my own FA in two years time

It seems like the bug has bitten nice and hard

I'm a bit perplexed by the DFO thing though... everyone I've asked says "They will tell you who your DFO is"... WHO'S THEY???

Like I said in my first post, I'm in Kraaifontein but the closest SAPS to me is Brackenfell, second closest Durbanville. Kraaifontein SAPS is way out of my way.

Go to this page and type in your street address to see which police station you fall under: https://www.crimestatssa.com/

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Well, that was because he did as he was told by his instructor...... ;-)

User

Howzit bud

Fellow kraaier here.
    Welcome to the gun family. You fall under the kraaifontein station. Very nice DFO's there. You unfortunately cannot do your app at the other stations even though it is much closer.

User

A long drive to a helpful and competent DFO is way better than popping round the corner to deal with a pappa oscar echo sierra.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast