Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default I took a camera along on a Gamtoos valley Bushbuck hunt in what is called Valley Bush

This is the way I grew up hunting. This hunting to me is very different to all the other kinds of hunting I have ever done and I wanted to make a video to try and convey what it is like.
    I wanted to tell the story of how it usually goes, but because hunting is a sinlent kind of thing I couldnt talk much.

I made the video in 2 parts because it was getting too long for one.
    Part 1 is from the morning till i took the shot, Part 2 is getting to it and the recovery.

Part 1

Part 2

Default Re: I took a camera along on a Gamtoos valley Bushbuck hunt in what is called Valley Bush

Proper hunt and recovery, thanks for sharing!

User

Default Re: I took a camera along on a Gamtoos valley Bushbuck hunt in what is called Valley Bush

Very cool, thank you for sharing and filming! Looks intense!

User

Next time come visit us here in Knysna. They so tame they hang outside my house :P

User

But in all seriousness... very cool videos and thanks for sharing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by holdingthezero View Post
    Next time come visit us here in Knysna. They so tame they hang outside my house :P
    That is pretty special. I would keep my distance though, the close up experiences I have had with them in the bush were tense , they can get aggressive.

I did some paragliding in Wilderness area and Hanging silently over a slope in a paraglider that makes no noise it was amazing how many of them you would see in the bush below you.
    The Drought in the Gamtoos area had the veld in such a bad condition that their numbers are down. We found a number of carcasses while hunting.

User

BEX, your clothing must take a hammering out there! I also enjoyed your video on what you pack into your battle jacket, interesting.

User

The outer clothes I wear was made by my wife from a heavy duty material and it is oversize so I can put it on over whatever warm clothes I need. I tried Sniper and Wildebeest , but they are too soft and expensive for that kind of hunting, they didn't last through one season.

The battlejacket works for me, Cheap and durable and doesnt hamper my movement.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BEX View Post
    The outer clothes I wear was made by my wife from a heavy duty material and it is oversize so I can put it on over whatever warm clothes I need. I tried Sniper and Wildebeest , but they are too soft and expensive for that kind of hunting, they didn't last through one season.

I was looking at what both of you were wearing as my hunting kit would be toast fairly quickly in that manner. Hard work that!

User

Quote Originally Posted by BEX View Post
    I'm looking at a waist bag as my rugsack has died. Found it was overkill for my hutning type so thinking a waist bag is simpler and will carry everything I need fairly easily, barring water and long day out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast