User

Default IPSC REVOLVER Div questions...

Hi everyone.

I have some questions about equipment positioning for revolver division. I went through the rules and I cannot find clarity and it would seem (to me at least) revolver rules are being applied in a less than "set in stone" kind of way.

I shoot (mostly) other divisions but... I own a Smith model 19 and I like to shoot it now and then.

I use HKS speed loaders... and up to now I carried them in Daniels Holster speedloader pouches in front of my abdomen. I reload by ejecting empties and then transfer the gun to my left hand, grip the cylinder and with the right hand I then insert mr speedloader, twist it to release rounds (hopefully smoothly) and transfer back to my right hand, close cylinder and shoot the rest of the stage.

At some clubs nobody has an issue with this. I'm no Jerry Miculeck and no threat to most of the other shooters. But at some clubs, (and this seems to be an issue of debate among RO's...) I have been told that I will get shoved into Open division because the speed loaders are in front of my hips. Are revolvers excluded from the "everything behind the hip bone" rule or not? I have Googled videos of IPSC revolver shooters and ALL of them carry their speedloaders / moonclips IN FRONT. And none of them were forced to compete against guys shooting comped and scoped 25 round (Open) race guns, they all competed in Revolver division.

If someone could enlighten me and point me in the right direction or version / section of the rulebook I would appreciate. If all RO's gave me the same answer I would probably have accepted their answer and not have to come here and ask. But I have met RO's that offered lots of oppinion but from talking with them I realised they know fuck all about revolvers and how they work or how they have to be loaded when using speedloaders requiring gravity to make the rounds go into the chambers.

regards

User

Default Re: IPSC REVOLVER Div questions...

Look at Appendix D5 (Revolver Division) and Appendix E2 (placement of gear). D5 says E2 does not apply so gear can be anywhere on your belt. The 50mm rule does apply though. This is from the newest(2019) rules.

Why not come and shoot (double action ony) with us, at least once. See what we do and how we carry our speedloaders! Next shoot this Saturday at the Eeufess target range.

Peter
    Pretoria Revolver Club

User

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    Look at Appendix D5 (Revolver Division) and Appendix E2 (placement of gear). D5 says E2 does not apply so gear can be anywhere on your belt. The 50mm rule does apply though. This is from the newest(2019) rules.
    Thank you very much.

User

Quote Originally Posted by High Power View Post
    Why not come and shoot (double action ony) with us, at least once. See what we do and how we carry our speedloaders! Next shoot this Saturday at the Eeufess target range.

Peter
    Pretoria Revolver Club
    I just may do so,,, At what time do you start?

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    I just may do so,,, At what time do you start?
    Around 0900 hours. We will start with a SA Pistol Federation Carry Gun Match, then our 90 round DA revolver match. I will send you a PM with my phone number. Peter

User

Hi Peter

I cleaned out my inbox (I think).

I sent you a PM, but it seems to have disappeared. I will try again

Peter