Page 406 of 406 FirstFirst ... 306 356 396 404 405 406
Results 4,051 to 4,056 of 4056

Thread: UKRAINE updates

User

Default UKRAINE updates

During Thursday's UN Security Council meeting, Vasily Nebenzya, the Permanent Representative of Russia to the United Nations, said that Moscow now expects the "unconditional capitulation" of the Zelensky government.

Ambassador Nebenzya told the body:

"This is how it will go down in history - as an inhuman and hateful regime of terrorists and Nazis who betrayed the interest of their people and sacrificed it for Western money and for Zelensky and his closest circle.
    In these conditions, attempts by the head of the Kiev regime to promote his formula and convene summits in support of the Kiev regime cause only confusion.

Very soon the only topic for any international meetings on Ukraine will be the unconditional capitulation of the Kiev regime.”

He emphasized in conclusion to these provocative remarks, "I advise you all to prepare for this in advance."

Default Re: UKRAINE updates

I admit to being a bit simple minded ie we tend to over-complicate simple things. I won't claim to have foreseen that David Ukraine would stop Goliath Russia. But I was one of very few who asked whether a bunch of tanks could get as far as Kyiv. Any country with a small military attacked by a much bigger adversary without warning is bound to lose some ground, and that's exactly what we saw. The big surprise was that once Ukraine had got itself together it stopped Russia in its tracks, and although it has not been able to push them back we all know why that is. Right now Ukraine is losing ground only because Mike Johnson is single handedly blocking further weapon supply especially 155mm ammo.

This brings us to Donald Trumps admonition that Europe can't expect the US to carry its defense burden and that European countries must at least spend the 2% minimum. It won't be enough and its no coincidence that those nearest the Russian threat are spending more, Poland 4% last I heard. Europe can't make enough shells because it has let its factories fall into ruin, but it should be easy to increase production - its simply a matter of political will. The British fired 1.70 million shells in the week before the battle of the Somme, and produced 7 Billion rounds of 303 ammo in four years. To put it in perspective that's 4.5 million a day. One company produced a third of them and Greenwood & Batley produced 700 million.

Kyiv and the area around it has been returned to the stone age by the destruction of its power station, and the Russians were able to do that because of Ukraine's shortage of Patriot missiles. Ukraine wanted another 7 to plug the gaps. Europe has 100 but supplied none. It is utterly shameful. Donald Trump is right - it is Europe's war. Western Europe has 50% more population and 50% more GDP than the US and should have no trouble supplying Ukraine what it needs. If it doesn't the ultimate cost will be a lot more.

And I haven't said a word about Israel which Joe Biden has also thrown under the bus and which slack Europe is not taking up.

User

Quote Originally Posted by dammitgriff View Post
    During Thursday's UN Security Council meeting, Vasily Nebenzya, the Permanent Representative of Russia to the United Nations, said that Moscow now expects the "unconditional capitulation" of the Zelensky government.

Ambassador Nebenzya told the body:

"This is how it will go down in history - as an inhuman and hateful regime of terrorists and Nazis who betrayed the interest of their people and sacrificed it for Western money and for Zelensky and his closest circle.
    In these conditions, attempts by the head of the Kiev regime to promote his formula and convene summits in support of the Kiev regime cause only confusion.

Very soon the only topic for any international meetings on Ukraine will be the unconditional capitulation of the Kiev regime.”

He emphasized in conclusion to these provocative remarks, "I advise you all to prepare for this in advance."
    Thanks tovaresh. Without you we'd be in the dark on russian proganda. Can you blush?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    I admit to being a bit simple minded ie we tend to over-complicate simple things. I won't claim to have foreseen that David Ukraine would stop Goliath Russia. But I was one of very few who asked whether a bunch of tanks could get as far as Kyiv. Any country with a small military attacked by a much bigger adversary without warning is bound to lose some ground, and that's exactly what we saw. The big surprise was that once Ukraine had got itself together it stopped Russia in its tracks, and although it has not been able to push them back we all know why that is. Right now Ukraine is losing ground only because Mike Johnson is single handedly blocking further weapon supply especially 155mm ammo.

This brings us to Donald Trumps admonition that Europe can't expect the US to carry its defense burden and that European countries must at least spend the 2% minimum. It won't be enough and its no coincidence that those nearest the Russian threat are spending more, Poland 4% last I heard. Europe can't make enough shells because it has let its factories fall into ruin, but it should be easy to increase production - its simply a matter of political will. The British fired 1.70 million shells in the week before the battle of the Somme, and produced 7 Billion rounds of 303 ammo in four years. To put it in perspective that's 4.5 million a day. One company produced a third of them and Greenwood & Batley produced 700 million.

Kyiv and the area around it has been returned to the stone age by the destruction of its power station, and the Russians were able to do that because of Ukraine's shortage of Patriot missiles. Ukraine wanted another 7 to plug the gaps. Europe has 100 but supplied none. It is utterly shameful. Donald Trump is right - it is Europe's war. Western Europe has 50% more population and 50% more GDP than the US and should have no trouble supplying Ukraine what it needs. If it doesn't the ultimate cost will be a lot more.

And I haven't said a word about Israel which Joe Biden has also thrown under the bus and which slack Europe is not taking up.
    Like you I admit to being simple minded. In an effort to fight that back I've read as much as I can and the little bits of modern history that I've picked up make me think that we are in a rerun of the mid 1930's. Sadly the majority of voters in the free world now think that that Churchill was a slave owning cotton farmer rather than a canary in a coal mine because they are even simpler minded that the fools who swooned over Chamberlain's peace in our time tissue paper. Two and a half generations of apparent peace and unprecedented prosperity have created a western population for whom the idea of a large and proximate war is incomprehensible. Some serious waking up is in our near future.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Thanks tovaresh. Without you we'd be in the dark on russian proganda. Can you blush?
    Considering how red Patrick's face is from imbiding too much cheap Russian Vodka, I would say blushing is a physical imposdibility

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Considering how red Patrick's face is from imbiding too much cheap Russian Vodka, I would say blushing is a physical impossibility

Page 406 of 406 FirstFirst ... 306 356 396 404 405 406