Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Dealer etiquette

Had this happen and the dealer kept sending the documents to cfr weekly. It eventually got sorted out 3/4 months later.

Was very annoying having licensing delayed

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

User

Default Dealer etiquette

This was a ongoing issue and dealers used to give customers SAPS 350a and b forms to submit with their applications. That allowed CFR to move the firearm from the supplier SAPS350a into the dealers name SAPS350b on the system before processing the application.

The application then lines up with who the seller (shop) is on the 271 submitted.

Some bright spark at CFR put an end to this a few years ago leading to massive delays because you had to wait for the FA to reflect on the dealers name on the CFR system even though the firearm may have been on the dealers books for months already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Update:

hi guys. Thanks for all the info and advice.

I spoke to one of the admin ladies at the shop. She was apologetic and mentioned that deliveries from Spartan Arms have been delayed for a while.

Do you guys think I should wait for the FA to arrive before I submit my S13 application?

thanks again

User

It's been yonks since I've called CFR but you used to be able to request a 350 status check.

Perhaps call them and ask to do a status check on your serial number. If it reflects as being at your dealer, then rock on!

The process takes long enough as it is, no need to add unnecessary delays to it.

My DFO on last application First checked to see if serial number on system matches who the current owner is on the paperwork.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KN2 View Post
    Update:

hi guys. Thanks for all the info and advice.

I spoke to one of the admin ladies at the shop. She was apologetic and mentioned that deliveries from Spartan Arms have been delayed for a while.

Do you guys think I should wait for the FA to arrive before I submit my S13 application?

thanks again
    No. Get it in as soon as you can.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    It's been yonks since I've called CFR but you used to be able to request a 350 status check.
    Save yourself some headache and call your DFO to do this check for you instead of CFR, unless you like waiting on the phone for an eternity. My DFO does it religiously when you call to make an appointment to submit a license application.

Sent from my PPA-LX2 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    No. Get it in as soon as you can.
    Will do

User

Hi Guys. Thought I’d provide you with an update.

So the FA eventually arrived and I went to my Dfo to hand in my application. Whilst at my DFO, I’m told that the “Brand new” gun I bought is actually registered to someone else in KZN and is not actually with the dealer.

So I’ve paid for a new gun and have received a second-hand one.

The dealer has rectified this now and has given me a new gun and my application has been submitted.

My next question is how many mags are supposed to come with a new Glock 19 gen 5? It seems that Glock provides new guns with 3 mags. The brand new gun from this dealer only has 2 mags?

Could someone please shed some light on this?

thank you all ������

User

KN2, you are an extremely patient person!
    Two months of back and forth to sort out issue on a new firearm.

You are a better man than me!!!
    I would have thrown my toys long ago and spent my money elsewhere.

Good luck with the license application - may it move faster than Elton Jantjies chasing women!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast