Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Default Re: .243 vs 6.5 x 55

Update:

When I was waiting for my licence to be approved last year August. I found out that there is a batch of Sauer S100 Classic 6.5x55 SE rifles that has a recall on them. I made contact at the time with the agents in SA and they informed me that my rifle was not affected. Great.
    Fast forward exactly a year and i get a mail from them informing me that my rifle is now part of the recall. Fsck me.

So I handed in my rifle with my the required paperwork this week at my dealer to be collected by the agents. They gonna send me a new rifle, no cost to me. Only kak thing is I have to apply for the licence again.
    Good on them for taking the action to get these rifles out of the market.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WAP View Post
    Update:

When I was waiting for my licence to be approved last year August. I found out that there is a batch of Sauer S100 Classic 6.5x55 SE rifles that has a recall on them. I made contact at the time with the agents in SA and they informed me that my rifle was not affected. Great.
    Fast forward exactly a year and i get a mail from them informing me that my rifle is now part of the recall. Fsck me.

So I handed in my rifle with my the required paperwork this week at my dealer to be collected by the agents. They gonna send me a new rifle, no cost to me. Only kak thing is I have to apply for the licence again.
    Good on them for taking the action to get these rifles out of the market.
    Why can the producers not make a new rifle with the same serial number? Scrap the old one, make a new one, or replace the parts and keep the number. It would save a lot of time and trouble.

Default Re: .243 vs 6.5 x 55

I agree there could have been a better way of doing it. The recall is wordwide. As we know obatining a lisence is far easier and quicker in other parts of the world.
    It is what it is. I will have to go throug the process again, hopefully it doesn't take too long or any hic ups.

The new Rifle is already delivered to my local GS. Will hand in the app next week.

User

Quote Originally Posted by WAP View Post
    I agree there could have been a better way of doing it. The recall is wordwide. As we know obatining a lisence is far easier and quicker in other parts of the world.It is what it is. I will have to go throug the process again, hopefully it doesn't take too long or any hic ups.The new Rifle is already delivered to my local GS. Will hand in the app next week.
    But compared to other place in the world, we have a fast licensing process and according to some of my co workers from Europe, it is easier for us to buy guns then candy for them in Europe.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8