Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Baretta MOD 92 9mm Parabellum bought in 1983 :Please tell me more about this pistol

Members, this is quite entertaining..now that we established this is a Beretta M92...please tell me who is using the Beretta M92 , how it is performing when shooting the different type of hand gun competitions .

Will it be a better type of fire arm than the Colt 1911 when participating in hand gun shooting competitions?

It would be great to get feedback from owners of the Beretta M92 , who use them for sport shooting, not members who have heard about the Beretta name but do not know you get a Beretta M92 pistol...

BUT at least it is a beginning for members who knows how to spell Beretta now they just nee to read up a little more about the Beretta M92 to know more about it .. In Afrikaans we have a saying " `n persoon met n goeie begrip het net `n halwe woord nodig" that was way , way before we had a 30%required pass-rate needed in our schools...

User

Default Re: Baretta MOD 92 9mm Parabellum bought in 1983 :Please tell me more about this pistol

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    If your Beretta is the Model 92 specifically... (and not the 92S, or 92SB): Here goes...
    It has a mag release button on the left rear bottom of the grip. Mags do not drop free. But I have personally seen an experienced user do a mag change with a 92 faster than some experienced IPSC shooters with whatever else. He punched the button with his left thumb and then wiped down the mag floor plate with his left hand. It seemed to work well for him and he could do it faster than most of us could with our issue Z88's.
    It also has a browning style thumb safety on the left of the frame. You can carry cocked and locked or hammer down on or off safe if you choose (3 Options but it doesnt have a firing pin block, However I have seen guys drop them and fall on them and they do not suffer from SIG P320 syndrome)
    The front and back straps are smooth and slippery... Grip tape is your friend here.
    The sights are small but if you take the time to get used to them the gun will be as accurate as any version of the 92 series ever made.

Lots of cops stillused to carry them untill about 12 years or so ago when they were forced to turn them in (reluctantly in most cases) because someone higher up decided cops cannot be trusted with guns that do not have a decocking lever.
    In many SAP / SAPS dog units they were prized by knowledgeable guys who opted (against standing orders...) to carry cocked and locked. And a lot of these guys were often at the sharp end of things.
    I have seen some of the old issue Berettas (92's, 92S's and SB's) that were literally worn down to bare metal from use and getting banged against stuff and they still worked as well as any new gun you could care to mention.

In summary: It is a SUPER CLASSIC late 70's wondernine that still had some European / WW2 features like the small sights and non drop free mags and a heel type mag release. They were built and finished exceedingly well and despite their vintage they will feed ANY modern hollow point ammo that some more modern guns may not like...

They will work with Z88 mags or any modern 15 round Beretta mag. They kept the mag catch cut out on newer mags because so many old 92's are still in service in many places. Get an extra locking block and a recoild spring or two and you will probably not need another gun ever.
    Excellent review

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Raz313 View Post
    Excellent review

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk
    Raz 313 , I absolutely agree, this is when you know a person own this M92 Beretta , and he spelled Beretta correctly ...a real world experienced owner of a Beretta M92 ... not a clown...

Hi Gert -

There is a treasure trove of information, dating back to 1526, at this site:

https://berettaforum.net/vb/

You can sign up as a member for free.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by 92FS; 23-08-2022 at 19:43. Reason: Hot link does not want to hooh on.

User

92FS. thank you kindly. I really am looking forward to get the Beretta M92 from my family member. It is still in the estate ...eventually this process will be completed.

How compatible is the M92 for upgrades to use in shooting competitions??

How available are modification parts for this 1981 pistol these days??

User

Quote Originally Posted by 92FS View Post
    Hi Gert -

There is a treasure trove of information, dating back to 1526, at this site:

https://berettaforum.net/vb/

You can sign up as a member for free.

Enjoy!
    There's got to be something special about a company that has existed for longer than most of the countries in the world!

User

Italians are not great soldiers, but for sure they know how to make rifles and weapons to use with their great Ferrari cars...Beretta company are second to non when it comes to making fire arms ..

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Italians are not great soldiers, but for sure they know how to make rifles and weapons to use with their great Ferrari cars...Beretta company are second to non when it comes to making fire arms ..
    Make me think about the story about the three shortest books:
    Italian War Heroes
    The Polish Mind
    Jewish Bussiness Ethics

(Take it as a pun, coning from a Jewish-decent Afrikaner)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    Make me think about the story about the three shortest books:
    Italian War Heroes
    The Polish Mind
    Jewish Bussiness Ethics

(Take it as a pun, coning from a Jewish-decent Afrikaner)
    Do not forget about their Great tasting Pizzas...man, they can make great food...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    In Afrikaans we have a saying " `n persoon met n goeie begrip het net `n halwe woord nodig" that was way , way before we had a 30%required pass-rate needed in our schools...
    The correct Afrikaans term is:'n Goeie begryper het 'n halwe woord nodig.
    And if one really wants to get next level it is "'n Goeie gryper het 'n halwe broodnodig..."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast