Default Rifle options - with s15 license

Hi
    Had a look at the precision rimfire 22 magnum WMR 8404 and quite like it. Any opinions on this?
    Or any other suggestions that I may look at, something similar

Will this be fine to apply for under occasional sport?

Thank you

Default Re: Rifle options - with s15 license

Ammo availability is going to be your biggest issue.

User

Just had a look and my eyes nearly bugged out at how expensive WMR is. I'd rather buy a centre fire 22 calibre and reload for it.

User

It might even be scarcer and above 17hmr prices. You'll have to have a looksy.

I do not know if WMR works better for certain purposes. It could be that is penetrates skulls better or has better wind deflection but if you have to choose between those two for accuracy the 17hmr is a better choice. They are on average more accurate.
    It is often said that 17HMR is the most accurate, followed by 22LR and then 22WMR.

User

Whatever u decide, consider sec16.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bilaal View Post
    Hi
    Had a look at the precision rimfire 22 magnum WMR 8404 and quite like it. Any opinions on this?
    Or any other suggestions that I may look at, something similar

Will this be fine to apply for under occasional sport?

Thank you
    The 22 magnum is a great rifle to shoot. The problem is that it doesn't serve any proper purpose.
    Ammunition is expensive and hard to get. It is not a 22 lr to has a wide selection of relatively cheap ammunition. It also falls short of the performance and bullet selection of small caliber centerfire rifles.
    It can not be shot with sub sonnic ammunition.
    Most farmers wont allow you to use it to shoot small varmint on their farms. It is not as quiet as a 22lr and the bullets can cause harm over a longer distance because of the higher velocities. I know of a farmer on a 10 ha small holding that will allow you to shoot with a 22lr but not a .22wmr because of the danger to neighbouring farms. It does not have the killing power of a small caliber centerfire.

It is a bit of a compromise in most areas and there is always something that does the desired task cheaper or better.