Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: DO YOU WANT A TONY NEOPHYTOU LM .22 CONVERSION KIT?

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    I haven't seen this question asked in the thread yet.

Will this conversion fit the LM5 with the shorter gas tube?
    From the FW video it seems that the kit does not really use much more than maybe the rear end of the gas tube, so length is really unimportant. Eveything sits to the rear of the gas tube. It primarily serves to keep the dust cover in place. This makes me think the conversion should work equally well in LM4, 5 and 6 rifles.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    From the FW video it seems that the kit does not really use much more than maybe the rear end of the gas tube, so length is really unimportant. Eveything sits to the rear of the gas tube. It primarily serves to keep the dust cover in place. This makes me think the conversion should work equally well in LM4, 5 and 6 rifles.
    Thanks A-R. I get the mechanics of it. I was just wondering if Tony could make a LM5/6 kit that fits the rifle with a shorter gas tube and not a purely R4 design as the prototype is.

It saves the buyer who has a LM5/6 having to still gunsmith a conversion kit to fit the rifle. The shorter gas tubes also have a flared end, unlike the R4 gas tube.

Hi KM02, any news?

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Hi KM02, any news?
    He just went quite. I've passed the buck over go others who also failed to get anywhere. Don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by KM02 View Post
    He just went quite. I've passed the buck over go others who also failed to get anywhere. Don't hold your breath.
    Real pity. Appreciate your efforts.

User

What is the "honorable" thing to do if somebody used to make/designed something but now is not producing/interested in producing it? Same as above case, I bought a holster many years ago but now it broke and I want another like it but the producer said he will not make them anymore due to some or other reason. Would it be seen as "plagiarism " if I get somebody to copy my broken holster for me?

User

Vaal if you are planning on manufacturing hundreds then selling them, yeah sure that could be seen as not honourable or if you copy the design and sell that specific design far and wide, but honestly you are overthinking it, you tried to do the honourable thing by asking him to make a duplicate.
    I say go for it, if it's working for your personal needs and someone else is willing to assist you in making a duplicate then go for it, you've already tried doing the right thing so to speak

BTW There's thousands and thousands of designs in the 3D world that plagiarise all types of products across all industries every single day

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4