Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Thoughts on Kalashnikov AK47

Local Shop has these in stock

Apparently These are all new, un-issued and unfired rifles manufactured between 1960 & 1970

Any issues buying these now? From a service /parts perspective? Especially with the reps around?

This versus a replica??
    I don't really need 1, but it's such a want especially an original
    Regards

Sent from my PPA-LX2 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Thoughts on Kalashnikov AK47

The one's I recently saw being advertised at various shops for around R26 000, I believe is AKM's and not AK47's, as per title.

User

A shipment of AKM's landed recently. Is it perhaps one of those? Selling in the R25k region.

In 2022 I can't see this being the best way to spend your money on a rifle; especially if it's your first rifle and you actually want to be able to mount lights and optics onto the thing.

To a collector or someone who already has other rifles it's all good.

Maybe the Russians should hold onto their weapons considering they're in an active war ;-)

@peaceofficer: genuine Russian akm but did not come from Russia. Came from another country, loooooong story.

User

Quote Originally Posted by phant1m View Post
    @peaceofficer: genuine Russian akm but did not come from Russia. Came from another country, loooooong story.
    Do tell?

A salesman at a local dealer said that these were re-furbished. His consignment hadn't arrived so I wasn't able to view them. From the service and parts perspective I don't think there should be any issues and if you just "want it", it's unlikely that you will shoot it as often.

User

Now I'm even more interested!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post

In 2022 I can't see this being the best way to spend your money on a rifle; especially if it's your first rifle and you actually want to be able to mount lights and optics onto the thing.

To a collector or someone who already has other rifles it's all good.
    ;-)
    Second this.

User

Any new on where these originated from. If not Russia and you can share details.

I did see they have 1960 markings on them and all seem to be unfired

From what I been told and checked up, these were originally destined for Libya. Made in Russia for Libya as full auto firearms. En route was served by Italian Navy, set in storage forever till the time the Ukraine war kicked off and supposedly warehouses were opened to supply confiscated stuff to Ukraine. How it ended up on commercial market not sure. But then was converted to semi auto and sent to s.a.

So in a way yes from Russia. Just not shipped from Russia.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast