Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What optic should I "opt" for?

What are these ACOG optics? What are their strengths and weaknesses, out of curiosity?

I have seen some floating around but haven't heard much of them to draw a conclusion as to what they are actually used for.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaShooter_86 View Post
    What are these ACOG optics? What are their strengths and weaknesses, out of curiosity?

I have seen some floating around but haven't heard much of them to draw a conclusion as to what they are actually used for.

Trijicon ACOG is definitely not a budget option. R30K plus. Battle tested and great optic.
    A decent 1-8 optic will be a good option. For what it’s worth I have a EOTech XPS on my one SLR and very happy with that. If I had money I would get a IOR 1.5-8 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Trijicon ACOG is definitely not a budget option. R30K plus. Battle tested and great optic.
    A decent 1-8 optic will be a good option. For what it’s worth I have a EOTech XPS on my one SLR and very happy with that. If I had money I would get a IOR 1.5-8 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know those are expensive yes, I've seen a few cheap ones (other brands) but don't really know much about these types of optics. Seeing most people don't use them probably means something I guess.

User

If you've seen other ACOGs it means they are cheap knock offs. Another forum member did a post about his chinesium clone and concluded it was good for range fun

The newer ACOGs have the ACSS reticle I mentioned earlier. Very clever system designed for fast distance calculation and bullet drop compensation, as well as wind and a running target

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    If you've seen other ACOGs it means they are cheap knock offs. Another forum member did a post about his chinesium clone and concluded it was good for range fun

The newer ACOGs have the ACSS reticle I mentioned earlier. Very clever system designed for fast distance calculation and bullet drop compensation, as well as wind and a running target
    Added to that is the fact that the acog is a 4x fixed magnification scope

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post

The ACOG reputation is very well deserved. Just a fantastic all rounder. No other scope can do both intermediate distance and close range nearly as well. Constantly adjusting a variable is a pain in the......

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    The ACOG reputation is very well deserved. Just a fantastic all rounder. No other scope can do both intermediate distance and close range nearly as well. Constantly adjusting a variable is a pain in the......
    Which is why compact fixed power prism scopes should be given consideration.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/primary...-308-acss.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2