Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Win 1300 Defender - newby to shotguns question

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Win 1300 Defender. Originally it had a wooden fore end and a pistol grip. I fitted a Speed Feed 2 stock and fore end onto it which worked well. The Speed Feed came with it's own adapter. I also have the stock synthetic stock and fore end for it which I fitted last night.

What I am noticing is that the stock does not align properly on one side when I tighten the threaded bolt that keeps it in place. The stock kinda sits off to one side. Is there an adapter that I need for the OEM stock as well? Or does it just mount directly to the shotgun?

If I do need an adapter does anyone know where I can get one? I really don't want to panel beat the adapter for the Speed Feed to make it work for the OEM stock. Any advice would be appreciated either here or via 078 339 2993 (whatsapp & Telegram)

Thanks.

User

Default Re: Win 1300 Defender - newby to shotguns question

Anyone?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by da_panman View Post
    Anyone?
    I have an unused complete wood set from my defender that is for sale as I fitted an ATI stock set. I can send you pics of it if you want.

User

Quote Originally Posted by da_panman View Post
    Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Win 1300 Defender. Originally it had a wooden fore end and a pistol grip. I fitted a Speed Feed 2 stock and fore end onto it which worked well. The Speed Feed came with it's own adapter. I also have the stock synthetic stock and fore end for it which I fitted last night.

What I am noticing is that the stock does not align properly on one side when I tighten the threaded bolt that keeps it in place. The stock kinda sits off to one side. Is there an adapter that I need for the OEM stock as well? Or does it just mount directly to the shotgun?

If I do need an adapter does anyone know where I can get one? I really don't want to panel beat the adapter for the Speed Feed to make it work for the OEM stock. Any advice would be appreciated either here or via 078 339 2993 (whatsapp & Telegram)

Thanks.
    Does the problem negatively influence the function of your SG?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    I have an unused complete wood set from my defender that is for sale as I fitted an ATI stock set. I can send you pics of it if you want.
    Hey BBT, thanks for the offer but I already have two sets of synthetic stock for it.

User

Another question to the guys that regularly or competitively shoot shotgun, do you prefer a stock with a pistol grip or the normal stock? And why? What would the advantages or disadvantages be over either?

User

I feel more recoil in the pistol grip shotguns so both my pump and semi is fitted with normal stocks.

User

I prefer the pistol grip as easier to manoeuvre shotgun to reload. And it helps me with recoil in the push-pull method of shooting a SG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

If you do quads or doubles it feels as though the pistolgrip gets in the way.

User

I much prefer a standard stock to a pistol grip for two reasons. First is that the vast majority of shotgunning I've done is with O/Us and Mossberg 500 / 930 which are all equipped with tang safeties. It would take me a long time to get used to a crossbolt and a tang is crap with a pistol grip as you cant reach it while holding the grip. I don't find any recoil control advantage with the pistol grip and if anything I think it may actually feel a bit more severe as your hand takes it at 90 degrees.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast