Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Win 1300 Defender - newby to shotguns question

Quote Originally Posted by da_panman View Post
    What I am noticing is that the stock does not align properly on one side when I tighten the threaded bolt that keeps it in place. The stock kinda sits off to one side.
    The synthetic stock must fit straight like the wooden stock. Check is there is a burr preventing it seating properly. Also measure length on both sides from the pad to the edge where is goes in the receiver body of the gun. maybe you got a factory flaw stock.

PS. Im still crying crocodile tears every time I see a Winchester 1300 with synthetic stock and fore end as I sold mine a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    I have an unused complete wood set from my defender that is for sale as I fitted an ATI stock set. I can send you pics of it if you want.
    I sent you PM if it’s still available.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    If you do quads or doubles it feels as though the pistolgrip gets in the way.
    So I was wondering this too, but then I also thought maybe he loads the more traditional way of keeping the gun in the shoulder and single loading.
    Only person I know who loads quads well with a pistol grip is Taran Butler, everyone else I know says it's much easier to manipulate the gun into a loading position with a traditional type stock when loading doubles or quads.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    If you do quads or doubles it feels as though the pistolgrip gets in the way.
    It took me a long time to get hold of a straight stock for my Fabarms Sat8. I am still running it with the straight stock.

I currently load dueces, have not yet mustered up the courage to open the loading port.

At a time I had a Hogue synthetic stock on my Defender 1300 but I sold that to a buddy, it didn't work for me but he loves it. I run mag tube extension to take 9 in the pipe on both my shotguns. The rest are stock standard.

User

Quote Originally Posted by da_panman View Post
    Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Win 1300 Defender. Originally it had a wooden fore end and a pistol grip. I fitted a Speed Feed 2 stock and fore end onto it which worked well. The Speed Feed came with it's own adapter. I also have the stock synthetic stock and fore end for it which I fitted last night.

What I am noticing is that the stock does not align properly on one side when I tighten the threaded bolt that keeps it in place. The stock kinda sits off to one side. Is there an adapter that I need for the OEM stock as well? Or does it just mount directly to the shotgun?

If I do need an adapter does anyone know where I can get one? I really don't want to panel beat the adapter for the Speed Feed to make it work for the OEM stock. Any advice would be appreciated either here or via 078 339 2993 (whatsapp & Telegram)

Thanks.
    These guys sell an adapter for the Win 1300 Defender if you can get it into RSA, as they don't ship outside the USA.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1648410a

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2