Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Norma African PH

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Who would have thought that the great Norma will make a mistake like that.
    There was a story floating around a while ago about Woodleigh 400gr bullets being loaded instead of 450gr or vice versa in African PH factory ammo. It might have been Deon/DWB that experienced this...
    African PH ammo sounds like it may lack a bit of QC. I agree that you would not expect this from Norma.

Default Re: Norma African PH

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    I have bought some Norma African PH ammo for my 404 Jeffery.

The boxes are marked as it loaded with Woodleigh 450 gr Full Metal Jacket. No problem there.

Then I have also purchased soft nose offerings. Boxes nicely sealed and I did not bother to open them. These are marked to be Woodleigh 450 gr Soft Nose, but, and here the problem starts.

They look exactly like FMJ? So I have asked a friend to let me know how the Soft Nose African PH he has for his 458 Lott. They can be seen to be Soft Pointed. Mine for the 404 not.

I have read up about Woodleighs Weldcore Protected Point bullets. Not sure if the loads for 404 might be that? I cannot find a photo on the net for a Weldcore Protected Point in 450 gr .423 to confirm if they look exactly like FMJ.

Assistance here please.

Even if I do get helped by the correct answer, the situation still not to my liking. It is confusing to not be able to see clearly if a bullet is a FMJ or a Protected Point, should it even be those.

Or maybe Norma just made an error? But I doubt that. Then what other errors might they have?
    Agree with TStone. Those are FMJs. The 404 Norma PH 450gr SN Woodleighs I’ve shot chrono at 2000fps at altitude, which will be ok but is 150fps slower than advertised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2