User

Default Centurion Nova Helix Question

Howdy.

Our complex fitted new garage doors a couple years back.
    Motor used is the Super Drive 800. It is paired with an IDS receiver.

Been trying to find new remotes for this but have come up dry. I'm not prepared to spend R200+ per remote for this! The entrance gate uses a different remote which further compounds the issue.

The main gate has a Centurion motor and receiver. I'm using a Sentry 433 Mhz Nova-compatible code hopping remote to control this gate.

What I'd like to do is use the same remote for the garage door. From what I can gather, it should be pretty straightforward to connect an external receiver.

Thus, my question; or rather request for confirmation.

Will my Sentry 433 mHz remote work with the Nova Helix 1-channel receiver?

I am pretty certain it will but thought I'd at least attempt to do some level of checking before purchasing the receiver.

Thoughts?

Banned

Default Re: Centurion Nova Helix Question

Try Regal security. They sell IDS and nova products as well as sherlo

User

None of the Regals in my hood have the IDS and I really want to get away from the multiple remotes scenario.

I'm pretty certain the entrance gate is using a Nova and the Sentry remote is working just fine; so all things being equal I reckon I should be good to go.

However, I'd be more than happy to get a yay or nay from those in the know. Always good to have someone else to blame if it doesn't work ;-)

User

Give Security Mecca in Vereeniging n ring, they are quite clued-up and will most probably give you the correct answer.