Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Ruger single six

I just bought a ruger single six last week with only a 22Lr cylinder. I am looking for another one to start with the cowboy shooting. Just a quick question to anyone owning one of these or with knowledge of them. I am under the impression that the cylinders supplied with revolvers that came out with the 22Lr and 22WMR can be identified by the flutes on the 22Lr cylinder and that the 22WMR cylinder is unfluted. To make sure that the cylinders were supplied with the revolver, according to the New model Ruger single six manual, the cylinders were marked with the last three numbers of the serial number on the front of the cylinder. Can anyone help me to confirm or deny this as I think it is important to know when looking to buy one of the single six wheelguns with both cylinders.

I asked this question on a New model Ruger single six in the for sale forum but did not get any answers. The photo of the revolver shows two fluted cylinders that are advertised as 22Lr and 22WMR.

The following two images were taken from a manual downloaded from Ruger-docs
    dual cylinders ruger single six.jpgdual cylinders ruger single six 2.jpg

Banned

Default Re: New Ruger single six

From reading the notes on the photos it seems that Ruger made two variants of these revolvers.

Some were made with one cylinder for .22S, .22L & .22LR. These didn't have the serial number on the cylinder.

Others were made with two cylinders: one for .22WMR, and one for .22S, .22L & .22LR. These had the serial number on the cylinders.

The Ruger forum (USA) should be able to help; otherwise the local agents (Guns & Bows; maybe one of the old hands at VLT) should be able to help.

User

Where are you wanting to shoot cowboy?

.22LR (buckaroo) is for 14 year old and younger.

Cockroach we have a couple of kids at our local shooting range and we want to encourage them to learn different disciplines. Mostly fun shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    From reading the notes on the photos it seems that Ruger made two variants of these revolvers.

Some were made with one cylinder for .22S, .22L & .22LR. These didn't have the serial number on the cylinder.

Others were made with two cylinders: one for .22WMR, and one for .22S, .22L & .22LR. These had the serial number on the cylinders.

The Ruger forum (USA) should be able to help; otherwise the local agents (Guns & Bows; maybe one of the old hands at VLT) should be able to help.
    Thanks for the advice, I will try the Ruger forum and then keep Guns and Bows as backup. Appreciate the reply

User

I will try to remember to ask Treeman, I think he has two of the Rugers. I know he has an .22 revolver with 2 cylinders, I recall him telling some story of how the Ruger founder used the .22 to build a test the market gun after the WW2. The revolver then became so popular that its been on back order ever since, or something like that.

I am moving home base at the moment, but may be able to ask later this evening when we meet for weekly games of pool.

User

I now have an video and picture of both 22 LR and WMR, they are identical and have no numbers printed on cylinder. I asked Tree to view his revolver, only one is an Ruger the other is NAA.
    If you wish to see the video or photo please what up me - 0766993344 (I am not wanting the efforts to make photos postable). If you have Tree's details contact him or google him, he said he was happy to do a video call so that you can see what you wish to see.

Regards,
    Not Bond

Quote Originally Posted by Eben Wiid View Post
    I just bought a ruger single six last week with only a 22Lr cylinder. I am looking for another one to start with the cowboy shooting. Just a quick question to anyone owning one of these or with knowledge of them. I am under the impression that the cylinders supplied with revolvers that came out with the 22Lr and 22WMR can be identified by the flutes on the 22Lr cylinder and that the 22WMR cylinder is unfluted. To make sure that the cylinders were supplied with the revolver, according to the New model Ruger single six manual, the cylinders were marked with the last three numbers of the serial number on the front of the cylinder. Can anyone help me to confirm or deny this as I think it is important to know when looking to buy one of the single six wheelguns with both cylinders.

I asked this question on a New model Ruger single six in the for sale forum but did not get any answers. The photo of the revolver shows two fluted cylinders that are advertised as 22Lr and 22WMR.

The following two images were taken from a manual downloaded from Ruger-docs
    dual cylinders ruger single six.jpgdual cylinders ruger single six 2.jpg
    Isnt MarcCT selling oneon the forum for R4500-00

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Isnt MarcCT selling oneon the forum for R4500-00
    He is, I asked him the same question on his advert, but there is no answer from him.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesNotBond View Post
    I now have an video and picture of both 22 LR and WMR, they are identical and have no numbers printed on cylinder. I asked Tree to view his revolver, only one is an Ruger the other is NAA.
    If you wish to see the video or photo please what up me - 0766993344 (I am not wanting the efforts to make photos postable). If you have Tree's details contact him or google him, he said he was happy to do a video call so that you can see what you wish to see.

Regards,
    Not Bond
    Thanks a lot for the time and effort, I appreciate it, I will contact you tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast