Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I'm hoping it's not in reference to this guy
    Winner winner chicken dinner!

Default Re: Brno Model 2 wrecked stock resurrection

That looks mighty pretty!

If it shoots as well as you say, why bed it? Don't mess with what isn't broken? And now you know where the handle comes from.

That looks mighty pretty!

If it shoots as well as you say, why bed it? Don't mess with what isn't broken? And now you know where the handle comes from.

User

Thanks. This thing has more work in it than makes any sense. Doing the bedding because I can rather than because I 'need' to. If you'd seen the condition of the stock when I started you'd know that I couldn't make it any worse by slathering a bunch of epoxy around its innards.

Putting more work in than makes sense is the mark of a rabbitholer. I have a couple of projects guns too. Pieces of "junk" that nobody else would spend any time on at all.

To me, the true mark of a good stockmaker is if the inside of the stock is as just about as pretty as the outside, but I guess you don't have that option since this was inletted a long time ago and to a price.

User

It also looked like it was used as a mallet for part of its life and it's not a great fit to the metal. The sporter stock was in much better shape and was 'spot' bedded by me. The original and now current trainer style stock will be getting the same treatment. Polishing a turd is a thankless task without a clear end point but if you have the kink polish you must.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7