Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: SCAM ALERT: Fake Website posing as S&O Website

Like I said, there's a ton of local companies whose test envs are freely accessible on the net. Doesn't make it right, but doesn't make it a conspiracy theory either.

People need to learn how to read and comprehend when on the internet.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Like I said, there's a ton of local companies whose test envs are freely accessible on the net. Doesn't make it right, but doesn't make it a conspiracy theory either.

People need to learn how to read and comprehend when on the internet.
    I didn't even hint at it being a scam or conspiracy. The fact that a lot of companies have their test environments freely accessible doesnt make it good practise, it's just sloppy. It's not uncommon for projects with vendor or outsourced dev teams to have whole sections of their contracts dedicated to regulating how and to whom test environs are made available. Not least of the reasons for that is to limit the brand damage that can come from erratic site behaviour.

I agree with you on people needing to learn to read and comprehend.

User

look, I know f'all about the Internet, apart from that many of my friends live there, and I can buy stuff and that there are scaly fckers that want to steal your money.

in this case, even the (evidently not fully informed) salesman at S&O told my colleague that the site must be fake. no fault of his, can't expect all employees to know that a test environment is out in the wild for us that can't read and comprehend to access and then in our ignorance make the conclusion that the site must be fake.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    look, I know f'all about the Internet, apart from that many of my friends live there, and I can buy stuff and that there are scaly fckers that want to steal your money.

in this case, even the (evidently not fully informed) salesman at S&O told my colleague that the site must be fake. no fault of his, can't expect all employees to know that a test environment is out in the wild for us that can't read and comprehend to access and then in our ignorance make the conclusion that the site must be fake.
    In many cases they don't even know what's in the shelves behind them and how that works...

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    In many cases they don't even know what's in the shelves behind them and how that works...

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Can confirm. Had a hilarious conversation on whether locking( i.e. 4 position)QDs were more than a figment of my imagination at Rivonia once. The young expert in his tier one operator outfit tried his best to spare the feelings of this deluded old fool.

User

Having your test environment open is one thing, but letting Google index it, is a bit of a mess. In general I find their site difficult to navigate if you are looking for something specific, especially compared to their site pre Shopify gun ban. For one thing they should group their variants a whole lot better.

User

Quote Originally Posted by thereaper View Post
    Having your test environment open is one thing, but letting Google index it, is a bit of a mess. In general I find their site difficult to navigate if you are looking for something specific, especially compared to their site pre Shopify gun ban. For one thing they should group their variants a whole lot better.
    More than once I've found items on their site using Google that dont come up using their search. A recent example being a 9mm laser training round.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2