Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Help wanted locating a survival & preparedness article re the Balkan conflict

Hi All,

I have already done a number of searches on GS for an article which was posted here some years ago (if I was to guess, I would say it was about 6-8 years ago).

In short, it was the personal account of a guy who wrote of his experiences while living through the fallout of the Balkan conflict. If I remember correctly, the article was copied and pasted here on GS (and was not a link to the article) and it made for incredibly good reading. It described the personal experiences of this guy and his family needing to live through the unravelling of society, in the absence of law and order, and explained how they survived for some 13-15 months, through the really cold European winter (and what they learnt from their experiences).

Given the current challenges which we are all facing in SA at the moment, I would really like to locate and re-read this article and the lessons learnt from it. Would one of you perhaps have this article or perhaps point me in the right direction on where to find this thread (perhaps one of you originally posted it here).

Many thanks in advance,
    Tayls

User

Default Re: Help wanted locating a survival & preparedness article re the Balkan conflict

PS. I have already found the SHTF article by Selco on the Balkan conflict, but that 145 page book is not it (perhaps the article was written by Selco though).

For those who are interested, here is the link to that book (free download): https://ia801005.us.archive.org/34/i...0-%20Selco.pdf

User

Default Re: Help wanted locating a survival & preparedness article re the Balkan conflict

Definitely sounds like Selco.

Also highly recommend FerFAL's Thoughts on the collapse of Argentina. Very relevant to life in SA

User

User

This was the Bosnian war. Survival during civil unrest.

https://personalliberty.com/one-year-in-hell/

I have seen many posts, sites and forums been erased over the years with info that get lost forever. So I started to download any info that I like or think might be relevant in the future to have the material at hand.

User

My thanks to each of you for posting certain links.

I suspect that the article I was thinking about is the one which can be found via the link posted by Zuku above.

Sadly the GS link posted by sAnD,mAn above is to a thread where DS posted a link to an article in Post #1 (sadly that link doesn't lead to the article any more). If I recall correctly, that was the GS thread that I was looking for (which was from 2013... now 10 years ago!).

I guess that the lesson here is that links to articles which are hosted on different websites can often be removed after the passage of time (or the website can over time be no longer hosted), which can mean that the resource then is gone. As such, perhaps it would be wise for each of us to download and save relevant articles for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    This was the Bosnian war. Survival during civil unrest.

https://personalliberty.com/one-year-in-hell/

I have seen many posts, sites and forums been erased over the years with info that get lost forever. So I started to download any info that I like or think might be relevant in the future to have the material at hand.
    Just reread that. A wake up call for all of us. Read it and take his advice.

I need more lighters.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Just reread that. A wake up call for all of us. Read it and take his advice.

I need more lighters.
    And smokes, chocolate, gas, condoms, coffee beans, chlorine and a silencer on a .22 LR

The first 2 would get you far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean KZN View Post
    And smokes, chocolate, gas, condoms, coffee beans, chlorine and a silencer on a .22 LR

Don't smoke, not my vice, but for trade, sure!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sean KZN View Post

Alcohol and OTC meds, because many people are addicted to those OTC pain killers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast