User

Default Upgraded Gamo CFX - price estimate

On a whim I bought a Gamo CFX as part of a bundle of other centrefire stuff that I wanted. It that had been upgraded by Vincent from MZE who has since sadly passed away. The rifle has his match trigger, gas ram conversion and the stock was weighted and balanced for field shooting. It has a Gamo 3-9x40 on a one piece mount. It's in near mint condition and shoots fantastically accurately.

A friend wants to buy it for his son and since I haven't shot it for a couple of years at least, I'm happy to let it go but have no idea of what a fair price would be for the thing. Anyone with knowledge of this stuff care to comment?

User

Default Re: Upgraded Gamo CFX - price estimate

I see used standard CFX'es selling for around R5k.
    A gas ram should add about R900.
    Not sure about the scope value, so I guess around R1k.
    Trigger job, not sure, but R1k should cover it.
    That adds up to R7900.

Maybe you could get a price on a new CFX, gas ram and scope and work from there?

B.t.w, what caliber is it? The 4,5mm seems more popular than the 5,5mm version.

User

Here in lies the problem. When you trick out a Taurus and try to sell it, it's still a second-hand Taurus.

MZE did good work, but the rifle itself can't be worth more than a well looked-after second-hand Gamo CFX. I have no idea what that would be, because I am not interested in Gamo.

User

Thanks for the feedback. Not a thing I have the least interest in so didn't have a clue.

It's a 4.5mm.

User

New CFX with GAMO IGT piston and trigger job from Gamo SA, about R5500,00. If the late MZE did work on it (he was a CFX expert of note) maybe its worth a tad more, because it will have a custom gas ram in it...

User

Thanks for the info.