Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Controversial TV host Tucker Carlson leaving Fox News

https://news.sky.com/story/controver...-news-12865222

This came as a massive surprise to me. By all accounts he was very popular and his show one of the most watched on Fox.

Does his ouster have anything to do with the Defamation lawsuit by Dominion that Fox recently settled?

And what happens to Tucker? Is he going to be able to start a new show with one of Fox's competitors?

User

Default Re: Controversial TV host Tucker Carlson leaving Fox News

Carlsson is the most popular host in the history of 'cable' and as such he has a very substantial following. I'd be surprised if he doesn't spin up something of his own ala Rogan.

User

Could be the Murdochs trying to reestablish control after all their dirty laundry was aired out in the Dominion lawsuit, could be part of the current court case by a previous producer about workplace environment.

Don't particularly like him or his bosses, hope he spills some beans on the partisan manipulation and dodgy dealings of the Murdochs.

I think something else came out during the discovery and depositions which was likely to cause additional future discomfort. So Fox had to act, now that they “officially“ knew about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

With the amount of documents requested in the Dominion case and Fox's attempts to withhold some that could be likely.

User

I don’t follow the reasoning of some people around this topic.
    Tucker is just a poster boy, he is not an investigative journalist, he does not spend his days driving around looking for stories or investigating leads, he sits in an office and sells sensation, that is the only purpose of the media.

He is part of a team, people will BRING him information, he does not conjure information or stories out of thin air. He would have had an editor presiding over him, and that editor would have had a chief editor presiding over him, and they would have had a written copy of everything he was going to say on any given show. Tucker does not sit there and speak from his position of “all knowing”, he sits and reads the stuff from a monitor a typists would have prepare for him which he would have went over several times on order to convey the message as easily and convincingly as possible.

This is not “him”, tucker, this is a show.
    Most comments online shows most people have little understanding of how the world works.

User

You guys brought up most reasons. Here is a good video on some of those ideas.

Tucker is one of my favorites. I even like the offscreen version.

Well , if he steps out of line with the terms of his dismissal, I’m sure Fox will release some of the “off-screen” versions of Tucker. Then we’ll know if there’s anything to like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

User

While it wasn't mentioned thus far in any news report, Tucker's pro-Russian talking points in response to the invasion of Ukraine might also have played a role in his departure.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...ladimir-putin/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast