Thread: Export permits

Default Export permits

Does anyone (dealers, etc) know what in the world is going on at CFR, when it comes to export permits?

Mine has been in apparent consideration since late 2022. I cannot fathom what factors warrant this amount of consideration.

It’s through a dealer that I know does a lot of imports so I figure they must have a decent relationship with their DFO / CFR, but it appears to not be the case.

CFR insisted on seeing my import permit as part of the export application. This has now expired. I have had it extended and sent to CFR again and I know I won’t get another extension, and in the meantime CFR is twiddling their thumbs.

User

Default Re: Export permits

It seems par for the course.
    I remember a few dealers on here complaining about exactly what you are describing, but with imports.

Default Re: Export permits

I'm currently in the process of exporting two guns to swaziland, I'm told to expect a 3-6 month wait.

However nelspruit dealers managed to get it done for a friend of mine in 6 weeks.

Not entirely sure why an export permit takes so long. I can get an import permit here for a gun in a day.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk