Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default CCTV recommendation

Hi, I would like to install a CCTV at my place, cause I'm not always around, I want something that will notify me on my phone when there is movement, some a bit clear and some with a channel for PTz, and something I can log onto, any recommended place I can purchase a reliable product even online at a good price and what product would you recommend I purchase

User

Default Re: CCTV recommendation

Take a look at the HikVision we are using their systems at work. But i will suggest going with a NVR and IP cameras more expensive but a better option. CCTV Direct have had good service in the past other wise a company called Quantum CCTV does sales and installs.

User

Other option will be the Huawei systems but have no experiences with their cctv line but have heard good stuff.

i am looking at the EZVIZ Smart Home Cameras. All wifi and either battery or 220V. The 220V makes more sense, but it will be a schlepp to install power points where i want the cameras. Anyone know the brand and its quality?

User

HIKVISION active deterrent is fine. Other option is Dahua TIOK.

Active deterrent cams have lights that flash when someone enters the zone. Also usefull to have speakers inside as they can be set to run an announcement.

Why a ptz? You can install more cams for the same price.

Are you wanting any kind of AI?
    You can go onboard AI dependent on the camera.

Your other cheapest option would be Deep Alerts which can be set up to send snippets to your phone on Telegram.

Onboard is better against false alerts out the box but if you can learn how, you can silence on Deep.

Most installers don't understand anything about security and often don't know how to position cameras properly.

Perimeter is key and you need to cover gates and doors properly where they are visible.

If you want to consider an offsite monitoring company for your cams I suggest you get cam recommendations from them along with a site inspection.

Lastly wired is better as wireless links can be very unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by wthang View Post
    HIKVISION active deterrent is fine. Other option is Dahua TIOK.

Active deterrent cams have lights that flash when someone enters the zone. Also usefull to have speakers inside as they can be set to run an announcement.

Why a ptz? You can install more cams for the same price.

Are you wanting any kind of AI?
    You can go onboard AI dependent on the camera.

Your other cheapest option would be Deep Alerts which can be set up to send snippets to your phone on Telegram.

Onboard is better against false alerts out the box but if you can learn how, you can silence on Deep.

Most installers don't understand anything about security and often don't know how to position cameras properly.

Perimeter is key and you need to cover gates and doors properly where they are visible.

If you want to consider an offsite monitoring company for your cams I suggest you get cam recommendations from them along with a site inspection.

Lastly wired is better as wireless links can be very unstable.
    This is all very good advice.

Stay away from ProVision.
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

User

Quote Originally Posted by aimpoint View Post
    i am looking at the EZVIZ Smart Home Cameras. All wifi and either battery or 220V. The 220V makes more sense, but it will be a schlepp to install power points where i want the cameras. Anyone know the brand and its quality?
    I installed my 8th and 9th EZVIZ camera this weekend. I am happy with them. I went for the wifi cameras as it would be difficult to run cable everywhere I wanted coverage. The biggest challenge being at my main gate. There was already power there for the gate motor, so it was relatively simple. I just add sure I had decent wifi coverage, which was in place for smart devices anyway.

I have a couple C3X and a couple C3Ws outside. Both have audio. The C3X has some cool features, but it's pricey.

Also have indoor PTZs in the kid room and garage.

Sent from my SM-A325F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trundle View Post
    This is all very good advice.

Stay away from ProVision.
    I agree stay away from Provision, I have had a nightmare with camera installers , from drilling through water pipes to running away with my deposit, I even had one installer who stole my equipment.

User

I am very happy with my Hivision system. If you are in Gauteng I have someone that I can highly recommend, he has done a fairly big business install for me, with IP and PZT cameras, and my BASIC home NVR system. His workmanship is top notch.

If looking for a system for more reliable human detection, a farmer, where I shoot, that used to have fairly substantial issues with trespassers and theft installed the Spotbot system and he is convinced that not a single intrusion has gone undetected.
    Cattle and petty theft as well as small game poaching is way down on his farm

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Keepleft View Post
    I installed my 8th and 9th EZVIZ camera this weekend. I am happy with them. I went for the wifi cameras as it would be difficult to run cable everywhere I wanted coverage. The biggest challenge being at my main gate. There was already power there for the gate motor, so it was relatively simple. I just add sure I had decent wifi coverage, which was in place for smart devices anyway.

I have a couple C3X and a couple C3Ws outside. Both have audio. The C3X has some cool features, but it's pricey.

Also have indoor PTZs in the kid room and garage.

Sent from my SM-A325F using Tapatalk
    Thank you, i will have a look at those models. Our outlet wants to sell the H3 to me. I will google the crap out of the models to compare.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast