Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: BULK 12BR SHOTGUN AMMO

Adding/sharing my info gathered this week:
    - There are quite a few shotgun specials around. Dealers are talking about 'a big order that was cancelled by a customer' that has caused a surplus of shotgun ammo to become available, hence the specials. This story seems to apply to all sorts of different ammo brands, so it seems more of a story than the truth... not that it really matters. But I get the sense the dealers don't want to admit they are super keen for business.

In terms of actual deals - Zimbi has Eley 28g 7.5s for R1900/case
    Hot Shot Centre in VD Bijl also has 28g 7.5s (Zala) at R1750/case
    Leisure & Adventure in PTA has 7.5s for R2000/case (Lyalvale I think) plus a few fancier options for more money. They have a huge amount of stock on the floor as in 100s of cases.

I guess with Huntex season approaching, we should hopefully see a few more deals pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperatezulu View Post
    Adding/sharing my info gathered this week:
    - There are quite a few shotgun specials around. Dealers are talking about 'a big order that was cancelled by a customer' that has caused a surplus of shotgun ammo to become available, hence the specials. This story seems to apply to all sorts of different ammo brands, so it seems more of a story than the truth... not that it really matters. But I get the sense the dealers don't want to admit they are super keen for business.

In terms of actual deals - Zimbi has Eley 28g 7.5s for R1900/case
    Hot Shot Centre in VD Bijl also has 28g 7.5s (Zala) at R1750/case
    Leisure & Adventure in PTA has 7.5s for R2000/case (Lyalvale I think) plus a few fancier options for more money. They have a huge amount of stock on the floor as in 100s of cases.

I guess with Huntex season approaching, we should hopefully see a few more deals pop up.
    I recently paid R 2750.00 per case for Eley # 3. Hope this price comes down too

User

I will shoot out the last of the #3s that I paid under a grand on an upcoming long weekend shoot in the Freestate. The thought of replacing it at something closer to 3k irks me stukkend.

User

There is the odd lot of heavier shot around if you search. I believe Camdix has some S&B around a #2 shot size at R2400 or thereabouts, which would work well for spur-wing. I think Rio and S&B might be available in a few stores in their #4 which is our #3.
    I think the high volume clay ammo is subject to market forces and a few specials are possible but for the heavier shot, I think it's kak en betaal.... So few places carry much of it these days that it's more a case of buying when you find some rather than being picky about the price.

Tactical HQ has a huge amount of 3.0mm and 3.5mm ZALA still on the floor last week
    Last price was R2499

Their ZALA 7,5 28gr is R1799 and they have 3 different slugs available

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4