Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: Yamamoto Pointer 12Br?

Here are two sets of photos of two different Yamamoto Pointer shotguns. One set shows the recoil spring of an older, well worked shotgun; the other set shows the outside of a shotgun in great condition.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/196234911@N08/shares/5i665924iM

They look like very close copies of the FN Browning Auto-5, but that can only be verified with measurements and an actual cross-fitment trial of the parts.

One also has to keep in mind that some folks on US forums mention Yamamoto Pointers with a different internal spring system. I have read about them, but I have not seen actual footage.

User

I have one, a KFC...Kentucky Flintlock Company
    I got it for next to nothing, but it doesn't have the chokes and I can't find any, and it's spread is so much that it is not that useful to me as anything other than a pest gun around the farm.
    All in all it is really well made, and functions flawlessly. I don't like the long recoil action (the entire barrel moves back with the bolt on firing, and then the bolt locks back and the barrel moves forward to cycle the gun) as, yes, it is soft shooting, but the movement and momentum are really a lot, so you notice it a lot on follow up shots.
    I have a 13 round tube for it, and so am planning on modifying it into a tripod mounted steampunk BMG type setup with a crank ot thumb trigger and big ass ald spiderweb antiaircraft gun sights.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I have one, a KFC...Kentucky Flintlock Company
    I got it for next to nothing, but it doesn't have the chokes and I can't find any, and it's spread is so much that it is not that useful to me as anything other than a pest gun around the farm.
    All in all it is really well made, and functions flawlessly. I don't like the long recoil action (the entire barrel moves back with the bolt on firing, and then the bolt locks back and the barrel moves forward to cycle the gun) as, yes, it is soft shooting, but the movement and momentum are really a lot, so you notice it a lot on follow up shots.
    I have a 13 round tube for it, and so am planning on modifying it into a tripod mounted steampunk BMG type setup with a crank ot thumb trigger and big ass ald spiderweb antiaircraft gun sights.
    Grim , PM inbound. May I please have some photos of yours, please? Both outside and fiels stripped with the recoil spring visible?

I would like to add them to the photos on the link.

Banned

Feedback time: I spoke to Oom Ernie Henn. He has been into dedicated shotgun shooting for several decades, and remembers when the Yamamotos were imported into SA. From what I understood, the Yamamotos imported to SA are basically clones of the Browning Auto-5, or such close replicas that parts should be interchangeable. He also mentioned that an Atis recoil spring should fit in case of need.

Banned

Where do you get parts for the old Auto 5 from? I saw and atis for sale for about 3k the other day...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M80BHP View Post
    Where do you get parts for the old Auto 5 from? I saw and atis for sale for about 3k the other day...
    They don't break

Serious though, I am still searching for possible old stock. Otherwise one would have to import.

The agents are Inyathi, and Drinns referred me to S&O. They do not seem to have replacement parts available, and would probably have to order. To be precise: I called Inyathi and they don't have stock; I left a message with stock serial numbers at S&O and I am still waiting for feedback.

If all else fails I should be able to do a grey import from the US, where there are several suppliers.

Would love to get a spare set of friction rings and springs but the only option seems to be import from USA. As DsJ sais they don't break. However recoil will increase and be hard on the gun.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Would love to get a spare set of friction rings and springs but the only option seems to be import from USA. As DsJ sais they don't break. However recoil will increase and be hard on the gun.
    If I find a local source I will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    If I find a local source I will let you know.
    Appreciated.

Banned

These folks should be able to make the necessary springs: https://starcospringwireworks.ypdigi...nsion-springs/

Now to find some friction pieces...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2