User

Default QD SUPPERSOR: 5/8 x 24

Having gone down the rabbit hole with the Troy PAR 308 I will have to go big or go home.

Any suggestion on a QD suppersor that is reasonably priced. With reasonably I mean less then the mid range LPVO I have.

I found a Lycan Engineering????? that look nice, but there is no Web Based data on them.

Surefire is the icon, but lets leave it there.

Banned

Default Re: QD SUPPERSOR: 5/8 x 24

If you are on the AR group on telegram, there is a member that has bought a Lycan kinetic QD suppressor and has posted the details of it and his user impression.
    Its a titanium bodied silencer that can be bought with 2 or 3 different types of flash hiders.
    The owner is really really impressed with it and he has compared it to ASE utra etc

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    If you are on the AR group on telegram, there is a member that has bought a Lycan kinetic QD suppressor and has posted the details of it and his user impression.Its a titanium bodied silencer that can be bought with 2 or 3 different types of flash hiders.The owner is really really impressed with it and he has compared it to ASE utra etc
    I am not on the AR group.

User

If you intend to use a silencer on an AR platform rifle that does not have an adjustable gas block and especially on a direct impingement AR platform without an adjustable gas block I would suggest one of the gas managed flow through suppressors/silencers like the AU Dual or the Silent Steel Streamer.

When you have the silencer compatible muzzle device installed have it done properly without a crush washer to ensure 100% alignment as it will save you tears and money.

https://www.aseutra.fi/en/dual556-bl/

https://www.silentsteel.fi/

I have no monetary affiliation with either product and base the opinion on personal experience.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    If you intend to use a silencer on an AR platform rifle that does not have an adjustable gas block and especially on a direct impingement AR platform without an adjustable gas block I would suggest one of the gas managed flow through suppressors/silencers like the AU Dual or the Silent Steel Streamer.When you have the silencer compatible muzzle device installed have it done properly without a crush washer to ensure 100% alignment as it will save you tears and money. https://www.aseutra.fi/en/dual556-bl/https://www.silentsteel.fi/I have no monetary affiliation with either product and base the opinion on personal experience.
    Thanks for the information. The firearm in question is a Troy Pump Action.

User

Quote Originally Posted by flyinggun View Post
    Thanks for the information. The firearm in question is a Troy Pump Action.
    Sorry about that.

You will then have a much wider practical choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    If you intend to use a silencer on an AR platform rifle that does not have an adjustable gas block and especially on a direct impingement AR platform without an adjustable gas block I would suggest one of the gas managed flow through suppressors/silencers like the AU Dual or the Silent Steel Streamer.

When you have the silencer compatible muzzle device installed have it done properly without a crush washer to ensure 100% alignment as it will save you tears and money.

https://www.aseutra.fi/en/dual556-bl/

https://www.silentsteel.fi/

I have no monetary affiliation with either product and base the opinion on personal experience.
    Hi, which of these two would you recommend, if you could only have one?

User

I have a Lycan QD silencer with a 10mm hole so that I can use it on my Pcc. At the same time I also have a Lycan comp on my 223 and use the same silencer on it.

I like it a lot because there is very little blowback (I'm shooting left handed ), it is short and compact. I can shoot my Pcc and 223 without hearing protection. And I can use one on all my guns. It would be nice to compare my 10mm hole to somebody's 6.5mm holed model.

I found that most noise come out of the action when shooting 9mm 147gn at 1040fps. I'm planning to bring the speed down to about 850fps and listen again.

Btw you get a set of shim washers to tune the comp to the rifle.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    I have a Lycan QD silencer with a 10mm hole so that I can use it on my Pcc. At the same time I also have a Lycan comp on my 223 and use the same silencer on it.

I like it a lot because there is very little blowback (I'm shooting left handed ), it is short and compact. I can shoot my Pcc and 223 without hearing protection. And I can use one on all my guns. It would be nice to compare my 10mm hole to somebody's 6.5mm holed model.

I found that most noise come out of the action when shooting 9mm 147gn at 1040fps. I'm planning to bring the speed down to about 850fps and listen again.

Btw you get a set of shim washers to tune the comp to the rifle.
    No suppressed 5.56 is hearing safe. Unless needed shooting without ear pro is definitely damaging your hearing.

User

The Lycan is very lekker. It has a great QD design and the muzzlebrake is great.

I have to agree on the hearing though and it is not a flow through design. If you mount it for example on an AK which is already overgassed you will have to get a valve suited for it or enjoy increased recoil and wear...not that flow through suppressors eliminate it, no barrel attachment does...people just complain less about them.

The advantages of it is the QD, weight (titanium) and price (R8k). The disadvantages are steel suppressors can handle continues fire better. I think the cooldown for a Ti suppressor is something like 5min per mag dump.

I would buy one if the money was there.