Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: School me on the bits that screw onto the muzzle please.

I have had two gun warriors, a standard and a reflex before moving over to ASE. My motivation to change was based on weight/performance, for walk and stalk I preferred the compact and lightweight ASE. Warrior is priced well and great performance. Having seen two Aimzonics rupture, I am a bit wary with those..

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    I don't understand what this "internal brake" is? Doesn't the baffles inside the silencer already work as an internal brake?
    Probably more of a diffuser than a true brake. Apparently helps to decelerate the gas as it goes from muzzle into first chamber of the suppressor.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

User

If there's a part of a sporting use gun I hate its the muzzle brake, especially when it's fitted to a gun near me at the range. Like with a lot of bits that get added to guns I suspect that the majority were selected on the basis of their looks rather than the fact that the user actually needed them for any practical reason. Suppressors on the other hand I like a lot.

User

Just fit a good suppressor Andrew, length will not be an issue so don’t go reflex, the recoil of the 6.5 is already mild so a good suppressor will keep you on target and save your ears, no need for a brake.

User

To echo what everyone else has said - get the suppressor and don't worry about a brake. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner!

I have a 6.5x55 with a bog standard (Sudami) silencer and the recoil is extremely mild. Possible to follow the bullet vapour trail.

I know you didn't ask for brand suggestions but here goes anyway - if I was buying today I would buy Freyr & Devik or Sustac titanium.
    Many of the cheaper options mentioned on this thread are steel. The extra weight helps dampen recoil but they're properly heavy to carry and may make the gun too muzzle-heavy for a smaller or less-strong shooter to manage off sticks.
    Beware of confirmation bias

User

Quote Originally Posted by Desperatezulu View Post
    ... if I was buying today I would buy Freyr & Devik...
    That's the one with the F that TStone has...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Desperatezulu View Post
    Beware of confirmation bias
    But that's my favourite type!

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    If there's a part of a sporting use gun I hate its the muzzle brake, especially when it's fitted to a gun near me at the range. Like with a lot of bits that get added to guns I suspect that the majority were selected on the basis of their looks rather than the fact that the user actually needed them for any practical reason. Suppressors on the other hand I like a lot.

I "tuned" the comp on my Mini14 so that it basically comes back straight at you and stay on target. This makes follow-up shots very fast. That is what sport shooter tune their rifles for. But if it makes a moerse racket, you as shooter doesn't hear it so bad because you are right behind the gun and little sound reach you. My Mini14 is quite obnoxious.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

https://www.gunwarrior.co.za/copy-of-warrior-large-1

Should be able to get an idea on the “Internal break.”

With The Shorty I have on my carbine the felt recoil with or without the external break I am not able to really discern. I cannot shoot with amd without the internal for a comparison, but by the looks of it the idea makes a lot of sense.

Thanks fellers.

Let me go do some research on brands as mentioned.

What is the etiquette. Gunsmith supplies the suppressor and fits or does one simply give the thread details to the gunsmith? Do the gunsmiths get a better deal on the suppressors?
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast