Default Reichs Revolver Value

Reichs Revolver Value

I have a Reichs Revolver and would like to find out if it has any value.

From what I could find out is that the revolver was made for the German military and fires a 10mm round.

If any collecter out there has any knowledge of this revolver and possible value pls reply to this post.
    Attached Thumbnails

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Re: Reichs Revolver Value

Reach out to Camo here on the forum. He may be able to guide you. From what I understand they were last ditch weapons. So poorly made they could only be used to end the owners life as they probably fail if needed in combat.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Hardly Cordite! The OP's revolver is the official German Army revolver introduced in 1879/1880 (both dates are quoted) and not superseded until 1908 when the pistol '08 (Luger) was adopted. It is often called the Commission revolver since it was designed by an Army Commission. There was also a 1883/1884 (ditto) shorter barrelled model. These revolvers were still in service during WW I, and even popped up in the last desperate days of WW II.

They are single action only and have a safety catch on the LHS. Gate loading and ejection with the use of a wooden rod.

Peter

Perhaps ask Classic Arms?