Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Quality of PMP 9mm ammo

Hello, I live in the states. In my search for ammo that is inexpensive but quality, I came across a place selling Denel-PMP 124 grain 9mm ammo. I am wondering if this ammo is good quality and also loaded that it will reliably cycle in some heavier sprung 9mms like the HK VP9. Thanks

Banned

Default Re: Quality of PMP 9mm ammo

Hi Ed, generally, PMP used to make reliable ammo. The SA Police used it for many, many years and some of their members still have rough times in their everyday duty.

I have never experienced a single misfire or failure with a PMP 9mm round, but I seldom use PMP.

There have been enough reports of bad QC over recent years in their hunting ammunition that we are wary, although many folks still use it with success. I don't know whether it goes for their military ammunition as well.

Check the batches age, please? My guess would be that older batches should be very good to go, and to be careful of anything produced after 2010. I say this because the first reports of faulty ammunition that I can remember appeared roughly ten years ago. In a pinch I would use these later batches.

I don't remember ever seeing 124gr 9mm ammunition - we only got 115gr as far as I know.

The other folks should chime in soon and I hope you get good news.

User

The PMP 124gr is contract ammo made by PMP fully on Nato specs. Normal SA PMP 9x19 is 115gr with a velocity touching 1200ft from a Shadow 2. Latest lot that I shot was 2014 and had zero issues in the Shadow or Z88. That same 124gr is also available on the surplus market in SA.

User

I have personally never experienced a single failure with PMP ammo. Admittingly, I have not used much of it because it's a LOT more expensive in South Africa than the imported stuff we get.
    PMP used to make all the military and Police ammo in South Africa. They made quality stuff.

User

This 124gr's are now R9056.24 for a 1000 in SA

User

Thanks, everyone. Here is a sample of what is advertised as available in the US:

PMP ammo - Copy.jpg

User

Quote Originally Posted by ed l View Post
    Thanks, everyone. Here is a sample of what is advertised as available in the US:

PMP ammo - Copy.jpg
    What do they sell for there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Thanks, everyone. Here is a sample of what is advertised as available in the US:PMP ammo - Copy.jpg
    Same lot as what is available here.

User

I am wondering if this ammo is good quality and also loaded that it will reliably cycle in some heavier sprung 9mms like the HK VP9. Thanks
    The SA military 3 gun shooters had access to the same ammo, just mark differently (think R1M1). I know a lot of shooters that built open class pistols with compensators or use standard pistols. All function flawlessly for many years. They use all sort of makes like Vektor, Beretta, Star, CZ, Glock, S&W Browning, etc. No complaints from them. They will do a good job

User

I have never experienced problems with the 115gr in my Shadow, CZ 75 or Beretta 92
    I still have about 30 rounds in a box that must be close to 30 years old. I shot some of these a while ago without any issues
    pmp.jpg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast