Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Home Security System Improvements - SMS Alert, Remote Pepper Gas etc

Quote Originally Posted by THOMAST View Post
    JS4,
    How long would the rechargable HQ system last? Overnight?
    My interest is in using the system when camping in remote areas as an early warning system.(Sadly our 4 legged early warning unit is no longer with us) Normally the only power available would be from my truck/bakkie.
    Yep, the HQ should give you about 4 - 5 nights depending on battery condition, and I am sure they could help you out with a car charger if you ask nicely.

Other than MariusP I have not had problems with my sensors due to rain and/or sun - they're pretty rugged, but I am sure it can be a factor in the long run. Yes, I do get the occasional false alarm, but haven't yet with animals, more due to sun reflecting off the porch and branches blowing in the wind etc. Theit website does have a lot of information on setting them up properly in order to reduce these which I haven't done though.

For camping though I would think they're perfect - you can get four permanently mounted on poles and place them on the four corners of your campsite (each covers 110 degrees up to 15 metres if I recall correctly) to warn you of any approach.

Happy camping bud!

User

Default Re: Home Security System Improvements - SMS Alert, Remote Pepper Gas etc

Ta, much obliged.
    I've seen a self contained unit for sale in the US, looks about the size of a large thermos flask, very nice, but you will have very little (if any) back up for it.

User

DAMN!! I'm late again sorry.

@marius.
    the paradox PMD85 is pet immune depending on your setup.Do you know the setup parameters of the unit and how to set sensitivity, also you need to make sure it is set on dual and not single optic, also being a wireless device u need to make sure it is within the range of the RTX3 and also check the signal strength.
    Was it installed by yourself or an authorised installer.

kind regards
    Bryan

User

Bryan - Thanks for the post. It was installed by authorised installers. But there were definately no consideration given to setup parameters and sensitivity settings. In short, could you give me a few pointers. This setup cost me very close to R30 g and I want it not only to work but get the most out of the Paradoc system. The main board is a Magallen 5050.

Thanks

Install a safety system which is manufactured by a security system professional developer company. Safety is more important than money and when you are safe then you can comfortably stay in your home or go for a trip without any hassles and worries.

User

Hi Morkel
    Please pop over to the introduction thread and introduce yourself to the group
    Thanks

User

Hi Morkel - your record is stuck mate.

Please post an introduction in the introduction-thread.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Hi Morkel - your record is stuck mate.

Please post an introduction in the introduction-thread.
    What he said.

Home security systems are available in a variety of designs and make to suit the needs of a person and are loaded with unique features to make you feel safe and secure in your home. So, if you are looking for a low-cost home security system then do look for the deals available on home security systems online.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4