Banned

Default Dont you ensure the baddies are unarmed?

User

Default Re: Dont you ensure the baddies are unarmed?

My overwhelming impression is of incompetence.

User

Well done to the courier driver. He did well all things considered.

The cop is lucky he didn't get driven over

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Well done to the courier driver. He did well all things considered.
    He was the person that looked most capable in his assigned role and the cop the least so. Wouldn't be surprised to find he had some prior experience. I knew a number of people who had family owned cafes and other small businesses on Jules Street in Malvern in the 80's and 90's. By the mid 90's armed robberies there were so common that people got really practised at being robbed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    He was the person that looked most capable in his assigned role and the cop the least so. Wouldn't be surprised to find he had some prior experience. I knew a number of people who had family owned cafes and other small businesses on Jules Street in Malvern in the 80's and 90's. By the mid 90's armed robberies there were so common that people got really practised at being robbed.
    About 20 something years ago, the local video shop was armed robbed. An older gentleman ran the store with his daughter. The thugs managed to get money / equipment and fled the shop. The old man ran outside the shop to yell /fight/ give a piece of his mind. They simply shot him and he died right in front of the shop.

When the thugs left the store to get into their getaway car, the ordeal was over. The toppie and his daughter could have waited for them to drive off. Running after them, knowing they were armed and he was not, just to hurl insults or whatever, was foolish and he paid the price.

I know compliance will not always work. But if you choose to fight, you better be ready to fight. And pride can get you killed.