Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: HUNT GROUP MH12 - Fever Dream or practical firearm?

You can get the mavericks and sxp models for 10k new give or take. The better models are 15k up.

To be fair, I bought a P07 6 years ago for 7k new. They are almost double that now. Yikes

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    You can get the mavericks and sxp models for 10k new give or take. The better models are 15k up.
    I wouldn't take either of those over a 20+ year old 500, 1200/1300, Remmy or Beretta at the same price.

User

I bought a Maverick today for 4k.not used much. I think it's a fair deal.
    It's not glamorous but should serve it's purpose.

User

I bought a Maverick today for 4k.not used much. I think it's a fair deal.
    It's not glamorous but should serve it's purpose.
    Nothing at all wrong with a Maverick which is 90% of a 500 and at R4k excellent bang for buck. Congrats and enjoy your blaster. I am sadly pump action free at the moment and my semi auto and O/U shotties need a mate.

User

Thanks Oaf.
    What's your take on semi's from the yanks? I saw a JM 940 today and it was a beauty. I wonder if the JM model unlocks your inner Jerry or not lol.

I know the Italian B's are considered the gold standard.

I'm not sure how true this is, but there is a 90 day restriction on firearm exports in the US. I suspect ammo and gats are going to rocket up in price if this is true.

User

I'm from the tribe of the poors so my opinion is very much budget biased. A mossy 940 looks to me to be a factory produced Or3gun modded 930. I've got most of that going on in mine and it runs like a top.

If I didn't have a kid going to study in the states and no kidney to spare I would buy a long barreled 940 in a heartbeat to compliment my 930spx.

User

I haven't so much as touched a 940 let alone shot one so have no idea of how good they are. My 930 had minor issues which required DIY gun plumbing on my part that would be unacceptable to most people and I know of two others that were pretty dire so I'm not fanboing on their build quality.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I haven't so much as touched a 940 let alone shot one so have no idea of how good they are. My 930 had minor issues which required DIY gun plumbing on my part that would be unacceptable to most people and I know of two others that were pretty dire so I'm not fanboing on their build quality.
    Ah, now that's interesting. Did not think build quality would be iffy on a US made gun in that price point

User

Ah, now that's interesting. Did not think build quality would be iffy on a US made gun in that price point
    Mine is nearly 10 years old so probably isnt representative of what they are up to now. The 930 JM Pros that I have played with have been good and the owners happy.

User

So I'm in the market for a pump action shotty.... I came across this, er, thing. HUNT GROUP MH12
    This is a OOOH AAAH gun. When you pitch up at the range and whip this gun out of your bag, a crowd will form around the gun and everybody starts to Oooh and Aaah and talk about the looks and all the benefits the gun will give you and maybe 1 or 2 weak points someone recognize immediately. But the gun's praises will override the negative comment immediately. When they start to shoot it, they start to sing a different song. When they leave the range they will discuss how another sucker was relieved out of his hard earned cash for another white elephant.

Other Shotguns that falls in this category is the Striker with the 12 rd drum magazine and that short shotgun with the magazine in the hand grip.

Maybe I could be wrong about this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast