Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    User

Default Re: Factory rifle accuracy survey

I'm doubtful that many rifles of current manufacture from established brands are inherently incapable of delivering 1 MOA. The methods and machinery required to build them to that spec are not a mystery. The odd outlier will no doubt pop up but that is the nature of manufacture.

User

We’ve seen it plenty times, people ask for advice about what could be wrong with a rifle, some folk will say try this and some folk will say try that, but as you well know the first step in analyzing a problem comes in with the quality of the data received.

The first step in identifying a problem is removing the shooter from the equation, meaning when on a range call the nearest known competition shooter and ask him to test your rifle for you. People claiming their rifle is 2 MOA at best but suddenly the competition guy shoots half MOA with the same load. And even IF there is something wrong with a rifle the pro will probably just have a quick look at everything and in most cases will probably recommend a proper solution as well.

I am skeptical about creating a challenge on a range asking guys to shoot MOA with their factory rifles because that does not tell you anything really. To compound the problem since this is in the hunting section ask most folk to shoot MOA over sticks or rests at 100m and many won’t even hit an A4.

A 2 MOA rifle in the hands of a skilled field shooter is worth more than a ¼ MOA rifle in the hands of a once a year hunter.

[QUOTE=Messor;1512204
    A 2 MOA rifle in the hands of a skilled field shooter is worth more than a ¼ MOA rifle in the hands of a once a year hunter.[/QUOTE]

Preach it!

User

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    i do not think that a practical conclusion can be drawn from such a broad spectrum of shooters with vastly differing equipment and skill levels.
    I know many moons ago some rifles came with a target in the rifle case where the factory shoot a grouping to show the rifles possible performance. This is one way to draw a conclusion on the subject. Otherwise as you say the spectrum is too wide to come to a conclusion.

User

Texas Plinking 1 MOA At 1,000 Yards Challenge

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7