Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Appointments to submit new license applications

A good friend has 3 licences expiring in the span of 1 year but the George DFO says he is not allowed to renew them all at the same time. He must make a separate appointment for each renewal.

Under what authority can a DFO refuse to accept a renewal application?

And don't get me started on their "rules" around competency expiry/renewal.

User

Quote Originally Posted by holdingthezero View Post
    A good friend has 3 licences expiring in the span of 1 year but the George DFO says he is not allowed to renew them all at the same time. He must make a separate appointment for each renewal.

That's near peak obstructionism from a 'power' crazed muppet who has no idea that it's no more important in the grand scheme of things than a speed bump or an in-tray.

User

The wife was told that her 4 rifles had to be done all at the same time as the renewal of the competency even though the rifles' expired about 6 months apart

User

Pretoria North
    Just rock up, have documentation in order and you'll be helped. They have only once requested appointments in the amnesty period but afterwards, I never had to make an appointment again. They really go out of their way to assist. Yesterday, even with active loadshedding, my DFO assisted me and even sent through the receipt for application payment at around 11h00 when the power was on again. There are some DFO's that make life even more difficult with firearm applications and I feel sorry for those applicants in that areas.

Quote Originally Posted by John87 View Post
    Pretoria North
    Just rock up, have documentation in order and you'll be helped. They have only once requested appointments in the amnesty period but afterwards, I never had to make an appointment again. They really go out of their way to assist. Yesterday, even with active loadshedding, my DFO assisted me and even sent through the receipt for application payment at around 11h00 when the power was on again. There are some DFO's that make life even more difficult with firearm applications and I feel sorry for those applicants in that areas.
    One of the most efficient dfo offices I've been to. And they are helpful too.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by holdingthezero View Post

I think the reality is that I have been going to the George DFO for 10 years, and there has been no increase in the number of staff members manning the office. Once you get an appointment, they are friendly and efficient. The problem is that there are just so many more people in George that they have to serve. I would be really angry, if my job involved handling the license applications for a population of 30,000, shared between 3 of you, and then 10 years later you have to deal with 60,000 with the same number of staff. I do not blame them for their attitude, as it doesn't matter how efficiently they work, there are limitations on what you are expected to do for the amount that you are paid. They need a metric to measure their situation. If stations in one province have no waiting lists, and George has a 3 month wait, and they are handling the same number (or more) applications per person, then it should be clear to those that allocate staff, that a station is understaffed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3