Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Appointments to submit new license applications

Jeffreysbay you rock up on Monday, Wednesday and Friday 0800 till 1400.

Lyttelton DFO in Centurion, work Monday to Friday 8 to 12 for applications. Minimum 2 officers manning the desks (I was there once with 4 officers taking applications) with a office clerk doing printing and technical lookups. In covid they accepted limited numbers per day, but now you just rock up. Usually helped within 15 mins, out the door 30 mins from joining the queue. No complaints about the service. The phone gets an 80% answer rate.

Only reason they work till 12,is due to finance office closing at 12. Rest of the day is spent capturing the applications.

User

Table View, Western Cape: Bookings only, 6 week waiting list. Has been bookings only for several years but has gradually stretched out from about 2 weeks to 6 weeks. If you ask nicely they will squeeze you into a gap in an "emergency".
    Durbanville: I'm told bookings only; 3-4 weeks waiting list
    Kirstenhof: I'm told you "should" book an appointment but will normally get a slot in the same week.

User

Currently at Honeydew DFO.
    Collections and enquiries: 08h00 - 15h45
    Applications: 08h00 - 13h00

Seems they accept walk-ins.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

User

Thanks for all your inputs. It's amazing how there is such a range in waiting times from 0-13weeks. With George topping the pops. When I arrived in George 11 years ago, it had the most efficient civil service I had ever encountered anywhere in South Africa. Over that time, the population has almost doubled, but I have not seen any increase in the size of the civil service, except at SARS. Clearly the ruling party clearly knows which side their bread is buttered on.

It seems like almost all the WC stations require appointments, and the wait is on average longer than other provinces.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Went_For_Beer View Post
    Pretoria Moot no appointments, just rock up. They actually answer the phone and very helpful in general
    Yes, went there this week for a new app. Got sorted in no time. 3x DFO there, all good.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Againstthegrains View Post
    Thanks for all your inputs. It's amazing how there is such a range in waiting times from 0-13weeks. With George topping the pops. When I arrived in George 11 years ago, it had the most efficient civil service I had ever encountered anywhere in South Africa. Over that time, the population has almost doubled, but I have not seen any increase in the size of the civil service, except at SARS. Clearly the ruling party clearly knows which side their bread is buttered on.

It seems like almost all the WC stations require appointments, and the wait is on average longer than other provinces.
    The WC is intentionally starved of national govt resources of which the supply of paper pushing plods is one. Of that I have absolutely no doubt.

User

I left Honeydew DFO without success. For 40min I had to stand outside the door, looking on as they shuffle from one desk to another, taking out a half full waste paper bin, watching videos on their phones, listening to music, chatting to colleagues....

I'll see if tomorrow is better.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    The WC is intentionally starved of national govt resources of which the supply of paper pushing plods is one. Of that I have absolutely no doubt.
    This is true. They have done the same thing to health care. Trimmed the budget to give to the Eastern cape. Despite this there is still an influx of patients from the eastern cape who travel the 500km to George provincial hospital because the care is so bad in the Eastern Cape. This is not due to a shortage of clinical staff, but just terrible administration of the hospitals by incompetent cadres. You see, you need to have a proper qualification to be a doctor or a nurse, but there are no standards for hospital admin.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Againstthegrains View Post
    You see, you need to have a proper qualification to be a doctor or a nurse, but there are no standards for hospital admin.
    Unfair! Only loyal cadres/floaters can be appointed to such positions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast