Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Converted my trusty Beretta PX4 into an LTT PX4

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Point noted. More worried about in/out holster, particularly appendix. With 1911 we use safety and Glock we have dingus and hard Kydex.
    When re-holstering it is absolutely not a problem with a sop of decoking and putting your thumb on the hammer when holstering. The gun cannot shoot if you do that.

When you draw the gun you are in the same position be it a 1911, a striker fired gun or a hammer fired gun, when you put your finger on the trigger after a conscious decision to shoot.

With a 1911 the safety comes off during the presentation on to target. From there on it is the same for them all with the added bit that the hammer fired gun has a long DA pull that is heavier than the pull on a single action gun and a striker fired gun.

For the first shot with the PX4 it is like shooting a revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    When re-holstering it is absolutely not a problem with a sop of decoking and putting your thumb on the hammer when holstering. The gun cannot shoot if you do that.

When you draw the gun you are in the same position be it a 1911, a striker fired gun or a hammer fired gun, when you put your finger on the trigger after a conscious decision to shoot.

With a 1911 the safety comes off during the presentation on to target. From there on it is the same for them all with the added bit that the hammer fired gun has a long DA pull that is heavier than the pull on a single action gun and a striker fired gun.

For the first shot with the PX4 it is like shooting a revolver.
    Points to think on. Lots of revolver practice going on at Eeufees May look at the competition trigger.

User

"With a 1911 the safety comes off during the presentation on to target. From there on it is the same for them all with the added bit that the hammer fired gun has a long DA pull that is heavier than the pull on a single action gun and a striker fired gun."

I should have been more correct and say "the DA hammer fired gun has a long DA pull".

User

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    DA is long and smooth.

If one has finger off until engagement discipline there is no issue.

1911 and striker fired guns all have a lighter trigger pull on first shot than the PX4 DA first shot.
    I had my finger on the trigger precisely because I thought I did need to shoot him. Guy was close and closing with a baseball bat. I had no idea that I was staging the trigger and I'm not sure that I would if in the same situation again. Not a criticism of the blaster in question but a preference of mine. I also do the hammer control thing on holstering and it's one of the reasons I choose to carry an SA/DA.

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Hi DS, in your write up you mention that the reset is not an issue for you. What is your current thoughts. I initially thought about changing the trigger but find that whatever the weight it is smooth enough so as to fit my purpose. The full size definitely needs grip tape. The compact less so. Back in the day we all put Pachmeyrs on our 92 and that gives a wraparound diamond pattern that really sticks.
    In my opinion both the FS and Compact require a grip tape. The grips are too smooth for my liking.

Reset is like a miniskirt on an attractive lady. The shorter the better.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by beretta9mm View Post
    In my opinion both the FS and Compact require a grip tape. The grips are too smooth for my liking.

Reset is like a miniskirt on an attractive lady. The shorter the better.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
    I agree on both statements.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2