Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Appointments to submit new license applications

I was wondering what the situation is like in other parts of the country?

When I went to make an application for a new firearm license at the George police station, I had to book an appointment that is in three months time to submit the paperwork. Is this happening in other parts of ZA? In the past, you could just rock up and submit.

I'm just trying to understand, if this is a funding issue in the WC where there are so many new immigrants to the area, that the government services cannot cope with the influx of people, and the government refuses to adjust the staff and funding to take these population increases into account? So the local DFO's use this as a means of 'protest' against their ever increasing work load?

Are we allowed to submit applications at a less busy DFO? or do we have to submit at your local/nearest DFO?

User

Default Re: Appointments to submit new license applications

Nope, Wierdabrug Centurion we've had to make appointments for years now. Waiting times about 3 - 4 weeks.

User

My most recent interactions with the Sandton DFO have been smoother than they were for a the last few years. Shorter queues/wait times and 3 DFOs on duty each time I have been over the last 3 or 4 months. No bookings required, walkin service.

User

I asked whether Honeydew requires appointments, but nobody has answered. I'll try rocking up tomorrow morning to see what the situation is at the moment.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

DFO has either been busy or dropped the ball. Phone rarely gets answered these days and appointments are a month out. Don't know what is going on as he used to be very efficient.

User

Phoenix DFO,
    Always been appointment based , however recent months, waiting times have dropped from 2months to 2 weeks … considering the only take appointments Mon - Wednesday and not more than 10 per day , my only assumption is that they are getting less applicants? No way they are getting better at their job .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Greenwood Park in Durban, no appointments, rock up and see who is ahead of you. Spent about 5 minutes waiting on my last application and 20 minutes for the actual application side. Collection via printing, max 10 minutes to collect.

Been like that since I first applied, 1st sms same day always - they've been very efficient - impressively so!

User

Humewood in PE also by phone call but normally about a week to get your appointment when I submitted my application in Oct. I dread the day the current DFO is replaced at Humewood........

Pretoria Moot no appointments, just rock up. They actually answer the phone and very helpful in general

User

Benoni DFO team led by Capt Oelofse, although not perfect, accept walk in applications, answer the phone and have been very helpful to me over the years. In some cases above and beyond.
    They are as efficient as I could ask for.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast