Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Please assist with estinated value of a Ruger Redhawk in 44 Mag, 7.5 Inch barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Some had barrel issues. Remember one many years ago where the barrel had to be set back and thread recut.
    RH or SRH ?

User

Default Re: Please assist with estinated value of a Ruger Redhawk in 44 Mag, 7.5 Inch barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Luker View Post
    RH or SRH ?
    RH IIRC. I think it had something to do with the barrel installation process, where some of them were overtorqued, this resulted in some frames cracking.

User

Quote Originally Posted by tobie View Post
    RH IIRC. I think it had something to do with the barrel installation process, where some of them were overtorqued, this resulted in some frames cracking.
    The ones I heard about were definitely RH. Another theory was that there was something about the locking compound they used which contributed to the problem which my addled memory wants to be about barrels that cracked/snapped at the threads and would then have to be cut down rethreaded and have the forcing cones recut or replaced entirely.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Blackhawk and not the Redhawk had those problems.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Blackhawk and not the Redhawk had those problems.
    Aha. I mistrust my memory with good reason.

There may have been a Redhawk that had its barrel adjusted or worked on but these were not an issue as such with the model or batch.

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    Good day.Please assist with a secondhand-value. It is on behalf of a friend. Condition is good, very good.
    Regards
    Where is the box and original set of grips?

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Takes a bit longer to move but I have seen 12-14K ..
    With the higher priced being the ones with Ruger ring slots.
    Have you seen the price of new revolvers?

REVOLVER 44 MAG S&W 629 DELUXE SS 8.37 INCH PERFORMANCE CENTER
    R40,599

User

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post
    Have you seen the price of new revolvers?

REVOLVER 44 MAG S&W 629 DELUXE SS 8.37 INCH PERFORMANCE CENTER
    R40,599
    My next buy will be a 44 mag, but not new. There is such a huge gap between new and used revolver prices that it just doesn't make sense to me to buy new.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    My next buy will be a 44 mag, but not new. There is such a huge gap between new and used revolver prices that it just doesn't make sense to me to buy new.
    Same here. There are the most fantastically well made safe queens about that I can't imagine why I'd end up 'needing' a new revolver especially a big bore one. An awful lot of them were bought in a rush of enthusiasm, found to be a handful and then parked for a couple of decades.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast