Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Minding ones p's and q's.

There is a core of guys on this forum that just think that they are somehow superior to anybody else. I ask a question about Marshall and Sanow, Im told they are not to be trusted. I ask a question or make a statement about something Gabe Suarez says, and Im told that he is not the B all and end all. Granted, I may not be correct but comments such as above are just plain cuck coming from a moderator.

I form my opinions and thoughts by what i read. I was in the Military for 3 years, but I never killed anybody, as I am sure most people on this forum can say. So I am not a battle hardened vet who saw the effects of his bullets on emaciated taliban. I need to glean my ideas from SWAT magazine, guns and ammo, Marshall and Sanow, Gabe, Kieth freakin dyer, Terry White, Craig boddington etc etc.

So please tell me. Are the mods the worlds leading authority ( being the grand master and all) or is there somewhere you can direct me, because heaven forbid someone other the the infamous " posse " has an opinion. Even though the someone else is an avid reader of any and all things military and weapon related.

Some people actually come onto the sight to have some fun and let off steam. but statements like the above just make it not worthwhile. And yes I will leave, if anybody wishes to swing the banning feather, but gradually so will many others. And then the posse can enjoy thier own company.

And yes, I get it, we are all big lads ( some bigger than others) and must have a square jaw etc but this site is becoming unpleasant because of some of the moderators. And of course the psychology behind it is that it is anonymous, and its a bit like road rage, two people wanted to kill one another while sitting in thier cars will calm down if ordered out of thier cars. The moderators are the same, you treat people far worse on the forum than you would in person. You need to check that.

So i say, as a user, Moderators, stop trying to be " the Man" and try to be a little less condescending and a little more pleasant. I am glad to see the most unpleasant of all is no longer a moderator but others are quickly filling his shoes.

If you are impatient, then maybe you should give it a break, if the very reason for the site ( discussing things, evolving conversations, giving advice etc) is irritating you.

At the end of the day, Politically, community, dream and aspiration wise, we are all on the same side of the fence. Maybe not the same distance, but certainly on the same side.

Try to reply to people how you would like to be reponded to.

Our enemy is collective ( Criminal thugs ) and our love is collective ( Guns n stuff).

So lets just all, get along, and leave the Douchebagirsm at home in the mornings.
    Last edited by Admin; 29-10-2010 at 17:56. Reason: Stupidity

Default Re: Minding ones p's and q's.

This is someting on all internet forums , Been banned from a few because I had a different opion than the modermakers ,

Sad but true

User

Tweety,

it's non anonymous - you know me.

You made a comment that is just not substantiated and most probably irrelevant to our situation in SA imo and I told you why I thought so - I will say what I said to you face to face anytime - the fact that I do not agree that Gabe is the only authority in the world has nothing to do with me being a mod. If I was not a mod I probably would not have said that "Gabe is not the alpha and omega" and would probably have been less diplomatic and said "bullshit".

It seems to me that you get/gather/obtain information and then decide that the info you obtained is correct and current and relevant and based on that you make statements and comments that are unsubstantiated and/or based on aged information or data and when you get challenged about it or ribbed you do not like it and/or cannot handle it.

The fact that you set store by and quote Marshal and Sanow is most probably the major reason that made me come to this conclusion.

Unless you have done your best at getting the latest information on a subject and you are as close to 100% sure as possible it's correct curent and relevant, rather ask a question and go from there rather than making a statement of fact and get challenged.

I know there are people here that spend 100s of hours a year of their precious private time researching their passion to enable them to make educated comments that are based on current information.
    Last edited by DS; 29-10-2010 at 16:23.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

big T is a lovable huggy bear , he appears far more rough than he really is .
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

I have also experienced this "trampling of opinion" when I first joined, and despite my protestation that I do have an opinion that others may not share, it was brushed aside. I enjoy a good debate, and enjoy some healthy discussions, but everyone needs to be open to other thoughts and ideas, which may be contrary or different to their own. My experience also ended up as one against many, which makes debate and discussion pointless....and boring. Imagine agreeing with everybody all the time with regards to everything. Very mundane.

So, I do see your point, and I hope you experience of this site improves. As you have said; we are all fighting for the same thing.
    Granted; some of the guys on this site are very knowledgeable on certain topics, but there are better ways of correcting misinformation, and transferring correct information. Its about basic courtesy and proper communication.

User

Tweety - I still love you.

Geat post Tweety,
    I have been posting along your lines before. I dont know if i'm missing something, but I am one of the very few who post under my own name. I always felt that if I am willing to say something, I am willing to stand by it.
    I dont know if the anonymity makes some posters bolder.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Barnard View Post
    Geat post Tweety,
    I have been posting along your lines before. I dont know if i'm missing something, but I am one of the very few who post under my own name. I always felt that if I am willing to say something, I am willing to stand by it.
    I dont know if the anonymity makes some posters bolder.
    Willie do you think or postulate that that by not using an own name indicates that the poster is not willing to stand by what he posts?

I will say everything I said on this forum to anyone face to face and it makes no difference to me what name you use - nobody is anonymous.

All members are reachable by PM if you do not know them personally or do not have their contact details.
    Last edited by DS; 29-10-2010 at 17:53.

User

I agree with you Tweety. We are all taking part in this forum because our love and passion for fire arms. Some of us are more knowledgeable than others and it is great that we can share in that knowledge.
    Last edited by Admin; 29-10-2010 at 18:24. Reason: Dont make it personal

User

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    ...sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! ha ha.
    Ha! First time I've hear that one. Nice :D

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast