Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default INTREGRAL SILENCE RIFLE

I have a itch that needs to be scratched! I have a interest in getting a a integral silenced subsonic Centre fire rifle. Something like a De Lisle .45 ACP carbine. but with a bit more steam

The possible hosts being a
    1. Howa 1500 Mini action .300 BLK
    2. Ruger M77/44 .44 Magnum
    3. Ruger No 1 or Begara B13 in .45-70

Any suggestion on who can build such a integral silence permanently attached to the Rifle.

Thoughts , suggestions would be appreciated. And especially if you have perhaps been this rabbit hole

User

Default Re: INTREGRAL SILENCE RIFLE

Very cool project. I'm sure you've found the 'Silent Destroyer' Ruger 44 Mag M77 based integrally suppressed carbine while down your rabbit hole. That's what I would try replicating if I went down it.

Quote Originally Posted by DYA View Post
    Any suggestion on who can build such a integral silence permanently attached to the Rifle.

Thoughts , suggestions would be appreciated. And especially if you have perhaps been this rabbit hole
    I've seen a couple that was built by Numenor Weapons.

An integral suppressor comes with more disadvantages than advantages in my humble opinion but it does look cool.

TStone, please can you eloborate on the disadvantages?

Quote Originally Posted by Heath Robinson View Post
    TStone, please can you eloborate on the disadvantages?
    An integral suppressor is built onto/into your rifle or handgun. While a screw on suppressor can be removed and cleaned, or thrown away, an integral is fixed around the barrel. Having a permanent suppressor surrounding a rifle barrel will leave you with carbon buildup around the barrel. Moisture in the space between barrel and suppressor will lead to carbon crystals forming, difficult to remove if you cannot remove the suppressor. With a normal screw on suppressor you can decide whether you want to use a suppressor or not, with an integral it is integrated, you can not simply remove, resight and continue. And then, cost, probably the biggest disadvantage.

The advantages of an integral suppressor is that it isn't hanging off the muzzle of the rifle spoiling the balance and that it looks a lot better.

The few "integrally suppressod" firearms I have seen could all be disassembled for cleaning fairly easily.

On a manually-operated rifle, they are usually still screwed-on items nust like normal, the only difference is the thread location.

On some others, the baffles and barrel are removed from the front.

User

To the guys that have come across them in the wild, what were were the host rifle & caliber combos you saw?

I have seen a .300 Whisper on a BRNO action, a couple of replica De Lisle carbines (thus Lee Enfield actions)and factory-silenced Sterling SMG.

User

Blaser and Sauer both make integrally supessed factory rifles. I think it's gimmicky. Shared a shooting range with a Blaser once that was integrally suppressed. To my ear it was no quieter than my rifle. I don't see any added value over a quality detachable suppressor for hunting applications.

If you are looking for something that is movie quiet, I would take a serious look at 357/44mag lever gun and have that threaded.

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    To the guys that have come across them in the wild, what were were the host rifle & caliber combos you saw?
    I've seen a BRNO .22lr and a .30-06 locally and a .44 mag Ruger bolt action in the US.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast