Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default What happens IF the ANC does not get re-elected

Hi Guys

After listening to a interview of Johan Steenhuisen on the ANC not being re-elected. Do you think the process will become easier more streamlined or will it be a shitshow with new ministers/people who work in SAPS and CFR because many will resign or just walk out

User

Default Re: What happens IF the ANC does not get re-elected

Getting rid of cANCer will not automatically solve all the problems with the CFR (although it's a good start). There has to be a full purge of cadres from all institutions of power, the same way Germany and Austria had denazification after World War 2 and Eastern European countries like Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Ukraine had lustration (purging of Communist apparatchiks from state institutions). And a lot of these clowns will sadly not go voluntarily.
    Getting rid of cANCer is only the beginning of a long process.

Even assuming they actually officially lose the election (IE don't resort to corruption in the counting or manipulation of the votes), do you think the ANC will even step down?
    I am sceptic.

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    Getting rid of cANCer will not automatically solve all the problems with the CFR (although it's a good start). There has to be a full purge of cadres from all institutions of power, the same way Germany and Austria had denazification after World War 2 and Eastern European countries like Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Ukraine had lustration (purging of Communist apparatchiks from state institutions). And a lot of these clowns will sadly not go voluntarily.
    Getting rid of cANCer is only the beginning of a long process.

I know it wont be an overnight change. It will take years to get rid of all the corruption ect.

User

I think that the EFF will grow stronger. The DA keeps shooting itself in the foot. They may be able to form coalitions but to get over the line they will have to sell a part of their soul to the devil. There will be lots of switching alliances and floor crossing. Things may be very chaotic.

In 1999 the ANC had 66% of votes, 2004 - 70%, 2009 - 66%
    In 2019 ANC - 57.5% AND EFF 10.8% for a total of 68% of votes. (DA 21%)

All that is happening with lack of service delivery is that the leftist votes are just moving more left

Quote Originally Posted by Heath Robinson View Post
    Even assuming they actually officially lose the election (IE don't resort to corruption in the counting or manipulation of the votes), do you think the ANC will even step down?
    I am sceptic.
    Exactly. Will they go quietly into the night, or will we turn into another Zimbabwe. Or maybe a compromise, and just rig elections forever more.

User

TIA

User

Total chaos and the ANC will sabotage everything as much as possible.

User

I think we going to see some rather large scale political violence
    Especially in KZN

ANC, IFP, EFF, MK

I'm pretty sure this situation has played out across the continent in various forms

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    I think we going to see some rather large scale political violence
    Especially in KZN

ANC, IFP, EFF, MK

I'm pretty sure this situation has played out across the continent in various forms
    There are many political murders in KZN right now as it is, imagine if the political landscape undergoes fundamental change. Could be a chaos.
    Hope not though.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast