User

Default EDC - sacrilege thoughts

So I have this sacrilege thought come to me over the holiday period... Let's jump straight to it, I am actually considering acquiring a Ruger LCPII and potentially letting go (swopping) it for a G43 I have.. Why?

I have through the years moved to carrying a G26 99% of the time, which G26 (and for that matter the 43 as well) I have also thought of swopping for a G43X/P365/Hellcat. But these just does not make sense to me, yet. I have experience for my body-type, carrying style and clothing style, that the thickness of the G26/G43, does not make that much of a difference, whereas the longer grip of say a G43X would. How some would wonder do I know this, well I do have a G19 sized HD as well, a P10C, which is very similar to a G43x grip length wise. I do acknowledge carrying ease would be better. I have also briefly considered the Z9 shield magazine for the G43, making the G26 obsolete, however I prefer all my FA's stock.

How does a guy that have a G26&G43, not have a G19, but rather a P10C? Different story different time. The P10C is not really that much in my EDC and if I want a G19 sized gun, then I just pop in the G19 mag into the G26. That is why I love my G26 so much, it is so versatile.

So how come the ridiculous thought on a Ruger LCPII? (The LCP Max could also be considered, if available, I have not yet seen any in SA) As said, I carry the G26 mostly; but when I want "deep concealment" (kids parties, church, cycling etc.) I use the G43, but let's be honest, it does not really "deep conceal" so much. That is why I considered the LCPII. It is for the odd occasion, not for EDC, where I could use. I will probably keep the G43 but if I get the Ruger LCP (or something similar) I do not see that I will ever use the G43 again...

User

Default Re: EDC - sacrilege thoughts

I think sacrilege takes a bit more effort than that. Perhaps consider taking the name of Gaston Glock in vain?

User

There are many other options to consider too. Take the CZP10M for example.

Do shoot the LCP a little? I disliked the trigger, even though I have some experience with DA revolver triggers. The LCPII might be better.

You don't need our permission to acquire another gun. Go for it and please report on it's performance.

User

I edc a Cz p10m and have a 43x and a G19 among others. The lcpii is on my list. There are times when only the smallest gun will do and the lcp or smith and wesson bodyguard fits that role for me.

User

The first pistol i bought was a G19 - I was 21 years old. What a moment - going to collect it was just so special.

The guys at the shop advised i put it on section 15 - something i regretted for a while as i felt weird carrying it as it wasn't section 13 etc etc (We have debated this at length on the forum so will spare you gents the headache)

Turned out it was actually fortuitous as it reserved a space on section 13 - after having the G19 for around 8 or 9 years i decided to go the smaller pistol route - A Smith and Wesson M&P Shield in 9mm. Decent capacity and nice and small.

I actually prefer carrying this - yes its got less capacity but fits my body type nicely in terms of concealment