Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SORRY!!!!

User

Default Re: SORRY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heath Robinson View Post
    No.
    You (hopefully) have proof that you submitted.
    The law says your old licenses stay valid until the new ones are issued. Nothing in the law says you have to do it again.

The problem of course is proving that to a bribe-hungry cop next to the road late at night...
    The official 'proof' that the overwhelming majority of applicants have is a receipt for the application fee that doesn't reference the application itself. I take a picture of the pack as the DFO makes the last updates on the cover page as a bit of backup. As you say though, the rubber hits the road when you are in front of a crooked and/or incompetent and/or malicious plod in the middle of the night.

No.
    The law says your old licenses stay valid until the new ones are issued. Nothing in the law says you have to do it again.

The problem of course is proving that to a bribe-hungry cop next to the road late at night...
    Thankfully yes, but just the thought of going through the whole process again because of someone else's incompetence.....

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

User

No.

OP posted that the applications are AWOL. Meaning that you can hang onto that receipt for 50 years, until the cows come home, it means that the actual renewal isn't happening at CFR.

So yes, you have the receipt, but now you can't book into dealer stock, or resell the FA.
    Missing competency application means he can't licence new firearms under that competency.

So yes, you can die on your cross with your saps invoice, and walk around with a copy of it 10 years after handing in a renewal, but practicality trumps over ideals.

It also sounds like the DFO expects them to resubmit everything from scratch. Because they too fucking dumb to sort their admin out.
    Hence why, get a lawyer who knows the FCA and has a track record of getting SAPS to jump

User

Quote Originally Posted by 9MM RSA View Post
    Thankfully yes, but just the thought of going through the whole process again because of someone else's incompetence.....

Have you tried to check online using your ID number and fa serial number? On the SAPS flash page?

Please get into contact with someone who can chase this problem at CFR

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    OP posted that the applications are AWOL. Meaning that you can hang onto that receipt for 50 years, until the cows come home, it means that the actual renewal isn't happening at CFR.

So yes, you have the receipt, but now you can't book into dealer stock, or resell the FA.
    Missing competency application means he can't licence new firearms under that competency.

So yes, you can die on your cross with your saps invoice, and walk around with a copy of it 10 years after handing in a renewal, but practicality trumps over ideals.

It also sounds like the DFO expects them to resubmit everything from scratch. Because they too fucking dumb to sort their admin out.
    Hence why, get a lawyer who knows the FCA and has a track record of getting SAPS to jump
    I'm not saying don't re-submit, much of a ballache as it is.
    What I'm saying is that they can't take somebody to task for submitting late.

I always make 2 copies on any application for these instances.

Luckily never had one like this.

But I applied 25 October 23 in Western Cape. Approved 1st week December. So you should have had approvals by now.

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Have you tried to check online using your ID number and fa serial number? On the SAPS flash page?

Please get into contact with someone who can chase this problem at CFR
    Was on the FLASH online site,downloaded the app, contacted the DFO, all say the same thing....in process at DFO since October till now. I know for a fact a few people who submitted apps after me already got there printouts and collected their firearms, hence the reason I started my query. Never thought this is how my 2024 would start, nothing so humbling as governmental efficiency.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 9MM RSA View Post
    Was on the FLASH online site,downloaded the app, contacted the DFO, all say the same thing....in process at DFO since October till now. I know for a fact a few people who submitted apps after me already got there printouts and collected their firearms, hence the reason I started my query. Never thought this is how my 2024 would start, nothing so humbling as governmental efficiency.
    The obvious conclusion is that your DFO "lost" your application.

Having said that, I have tracked renewal applications through "where's my app" which downloads the info from the SAPS website. The last renewal was sitting at "payment recieved" for some days, then "recieved at provincial" and "Finalized" all on the same day.

So it could be lost anywhere between your DFO and provincial...

I always make sure I have copies of everything. Most are PDF docs on file and I scan in the completed SAPS forms. This allows me to reprint and sign the complete application within minutes.

A few years ago I had an issue with 2 new apps that got stuck somewhere. Re-submitted eveything and marked the front page of each document with large red letter: "Duplicate". Within 7 days application was at provincial and another 7 days later I got the "Approved" SMS'es. If I had not kept the copies, it would have taken me 2 weeks just to get the apps re-assembled.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    I always make sure I have copies of everything. Most are PDF docs on file and I scan in the completed SAPS forms. This allows me to reprint and sign the complete application within minutes.
    I do exactly the same thing. Make a high res scan of the 271 with everything complete except for the dates and signatures so that it and the motivation can be printed out together in minutes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast