Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Winchester Ranger T - Hen's teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    Point taken. I shoot mostly reloads that are just powerful enough to cycle reliably and if I have to use the pistol to save a life, the extra wear & tear on it will be the least of my worries. ;-)

My 9mmP BHP, being an older firearm is not really designed to continuously deal with that pressure, although it can cope with it occasionally. I love the gun and don't like the idea of hurting it if I can possibly avoid doing so. In a modern gun eg a Glock that I regard merely as a "tool" I couldn't give a flying f!@k and anyway they are designed with those pressures in mind. I've been told I should stop marrying my firearms but sometimes I can't help it..........
    Nah, the BHP's that the SAS ran, ran very hot ammo (likely SMG 9mm ball) for years and only broke after many 000's of these being shot through them. BHP's, Beretta 92's, Sig 22 series, Glocks, M&P's can all handle +P+ just fine.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Very consistent performance between the different weights with more penetration on the 147 gn
    124 gr vs 127 gr vs 147 gr! Where did I hear this debate before...?

9 mm vs .357 vs .45 sounds familiar !

User

I very much doubt that the differences in effectiveness of any of them will be statistically significant. I run the 127 flavour so I don't have to bugger around checking poi or tweaking my matched training load every time I get a new batch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3