Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Cold Bore No More

That depends. When shooting .22LR PRS, do you want to hit the target with the first shot or not.

User

What baffles me is the comment that after shooting, there is more moisture in the barrel????

I understand from the laws of physics, is that temperature and humidity are linked, so that as the temperature increases the relative humidity decreases and vice-versa. So if you fire a round, the barrel warms up from the propellant gases, the air left in the barrel warms up through contact with the warmed barrel surface, and the relative humidity decreases, not increases.

Or am I missing something here?

User

Maybe the gases are hotter than the barrel for long enough to deposit moisture. There should also be wax in the barrel.
    So much is assumed about guns. I know I should be reading more about these things but as they say some are astronomers and some are astronauts

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Can you maybe think of any scientifically proven reason/s why it worked? I cannot think of any. I wonder, can it be the dampness?
    If you want get your shotgun barrel and chamber to rust you can blow the smoke out of your barrel. Maybe that is where the saying come from: blowing smoke up somebodies ...... ?
    The "Blowing of smoke up the arse" thing actually used to be a thing... along with bloodletting etc. (They litterally used a small billows to blow smoke up into a patient's rear end)
    It was an actual "medical" treatment for certain conditions (I cannot imagine what those conditions might be...) but I suspect it was about as good a "medical solution" as a Covis vax booster shot?

And just to be fair to the "smoke blowers" (and covid vaxxers) they were not the only one's peddling dodgy treatments. My wife has an old (Veeeery old) "recipy book" of home remedies in dutch that was printed in the old Cape Colony. It has adverts for ox wagons... thats how old it is... Apparently if one collects a pillow case full of smal frogs and the put them over the chest of a woman who has breast cancer / mastites etc, the frogs will suck out the cancer...

Sounds legit. Our esteamed leaders peddled Afrika aartappel and a shower as remedies for other problems not too long ago! Must have gotten their hands on a similar book!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2