Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NGA Ammunition

User

Default NGA Ammunition

Good morning All,

I have 5 boxes of ammunition for my 30-06 made by New Generation Ammunition ("NGA") and I have never heard of them - see image below (Image from Google not of the 30-06). The rounds are 180gr Hornady Spire point - guess the Interlock, loaded to 2,600 fps according to the box.

Can anyone shed light on them as I have never heard of the company?

User

Default Re: NGA Ammunition

The ammo in the picture was a 'THV' style high velocity monometal bullet and was a patented product of the company and was the brainchild of Ivan Mansoor. There was an also the 'eliminator' which I think was the same bullet design. The plastic cap was there to aid in feeding as the bullet itself was more or less flat on top. I carried the stuff for quite some time in 9mmP. This was virgin manufactured ammo but the company got a terrible name after Ivan's murder when their reloaded ammo was involved a good number of kabooms

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    The ammo in the picture was a 'THV' style high velocity monometal bullet and was a patented product of the company and was the brainchild of Ivan Mansoor. There was an also the 'eliminator' which I think was the same bullet design. The plastic cap was there to aid in feeding as the bullet itself was more or less flat on top. I carried the stuff for quite some time in 9mmP. This was virgin manufactured ammo but the company got a terrible name after Ivan's murder when their reloaded ammo was involved a good number of kabooms
    Thanks for the detail reply. So is the ammo safe to shoot in my 30-06 or skip?

User

Did some googling on Ivan Monsieur - interesting chap.

Quote Originally Posted by DaavG View Post
    Thanks for the detail reply. So is the ammo safe to shoot in my 30-06 or skip?
    I wouldn't. Especially seeing as the company doesn't exist any longer.

I would probably pull the bullets and reload.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Thank you, was my gut feeling.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

They weren't known as No Good Ammunition for nothing.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

I shot out 10, maybe even 15 boxes of eliminators over the years without any hint of an issue. They were of course very hot being THV type rounds but worked perfectly in the two 9mm pistols I had. They were all bought fairly early in their period of availability from the while Ivan was still in charge and I picked them up from him.

I won't shoot 'remanufactured' ammo from any source much less one with a reputation for ass hattery and those 30 06 rounds would be stripped, their propellant dumped in the garden and used for reloading after careful inspection if they came into my possession.

If you can kaboom a 9mmP by being slapdash enough with your remanufacturing I shudder to think what you could achieve with a full power centre fire calibre.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DaavG View Post
    Did some googling on Ivan Monsieur - interesting chap.
    Ha ha, thanks for fixing my memory addled butchering of his name. I mashed him up with a client i had at the time with the name Mansoor.

User

I have to agree. Pull the bullets, re-use the bullet, brass and primer, but discard the powder charge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast